Creative communications agency are looking for a senior designer for a 6 months FTC.
As a Senior Designer working within the creative team, you will have the opportunity and the ability to the lead design projects and consistently deliver work at the highest levels of craft.
We are looking for someone who’ll play a proactive role, with the ambition and desire to always deliver world-class creative.
You will be working with a team of amazingly talented individuals who will be looking to you for inspiration and guidance on a day to day basis.
What you will do
- Take a leadership role within the design department and on all projects.
- Work with other creatives, or independently, to develop design and layout solutions that respond to a variety of client briefs
- Input at a conceptual level and have the confidence to take on art-direction duties such as managing photo-shoots on an ad-hoc basis
- Be a constant source of inspiration to the other designers and all those around you.
- Take your knowledge and insight and turn them into designs that engage the audiences for which the communication is targeted
- Develop design concepts, confidently present them both internally and externally, refine after feedback and execute the final idea
- Present you progress to the team and client at all points of creative development.
- Prepare design layouts for offline and online content.
- Ensure that any corporate guidelines have been carefully considered and reflected in any recommendations
- Work closely with Art Directors and Copywriters to devise brand guidelines.
- Work with the Production team to identify and engage with the best external suppliers to execute the work in line with the agreed budget and timeline
- Brief external partners to bring your ideas to life, ensuring that the work is flawlessly executed with the highest levels of craft skills, regardless of channel
- Direct the execution of the design, supervising the work of creative partners such as illustrators or model makers to realise your creative vision
- Maintain strong working relationships with account and creative teams and collaborate in creative briefs and timings
- Translate creative briefs into comprehensive multi-channel design layouts
- Manage and work independently under tight deadlines and while juggling multiple projects
- Articulate a clear direction to the studio and any suppliers or vendors, and take ownership of projects
- Apply a strong understanding of agency processes
Client Relations/Communication Skills
- Present your work persuasively to both the agency and client teams
- Keep all internal stakeholders informed of the progress of projects, especially if any issues arise that relate to budget or timelines
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Contribute and participate fully in the development of creative briefs and strategic and tactical plans
- Contribute to the development of strategy through participation in internal strategic workshops and discussions
- Build good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
Having expert thinking is only part of this agency’s story. Their disciplines are centred around the three essential crafts of science, strategy and creativity to ensure excellence in everything they make.
Our client are committed to diversity in the workplace and believe the more diverse the team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational culture and work will become.
The group have put €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network and support communities for women, LGBTQ+ BAME employees as well as launched a mental health programme which includes free HeadSpace membership.
If this sounds like an organisation you would like to be part of and you have the appropriate skills and experience then please send us your portfolio!
- Proactively support your manager by suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- Take on mentorship roles in order to guide and mould more junior members of the department
Who you are
You live and breathe design. You add value to every project that passes your desk and understand that clarity of communication is as important as aesthetic perfection. You work seamlessly across mediums and are proficient in all the latest programs. You work well on your own or as part of a larger team. You are generous with your time and happy to pass on your experience to others. You’re excited by solving problems with design and never stop pushing for the best work.
- You are able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- As a conceptual thinker, you’ll have a solid grounding in visual communications, and a strong understanding of typography, the principles of layout and user experience
- Experienced in using the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) with an understanding of usability and interaction design – _and experience handling pitch documents in PowerPoint or Keynote
- You’ll also have a keen eye for detail and be a great communicator too
- Able to manage your own workload and escalate any issues in a timely manner
- Your portfolio demonstrates a varied range of both print, branding and digital design work