Love graphic design and want to inspire the next generation?
Shillington is on the lookout for passionate graphic designers to share their practical skills and knowledge with the next generation of creative talent. Could you be our next London or Manchester based part-time teacher?
Teaching at Shillington requires a keen design eye, industry insight, patience and the desire to give back. Have you mentored a junior designer and loved every minute? Trust us—there is no greater feeling than helping a student fulfil their dream of becoming a graphic designer.
We’re looking for:
* Passion – Eats, breathes and sleeps design
* 3+ Design Experience – Solid design experience with an outstanding design portfolio. (No teaching experience required.)
* Communication – Strong communicator both visually and verbally
* Efficiency – Well organised, with exceptional time management skills
* Skilled – Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
* Technical – Digital and UX experience
* Personality – Someone with a positive attitude who works well as part of a team
Some important facts:
* Mon/Tues, 6pm–9.30pm or Wed/Thurs, 6pm–9.30pm. Plus an additional required 3 hours a week prep time.
* Prior teaching experience is not required
How to apply:
If you are interested in teaching, please send through a pdf/link of your portfolio and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Only shortlisted applicants will be notified**
The successful candidate will work with the Editor and Deputy Editor of Ski+board, the Ski Club of Great Britain’s flagship publication and the UK’s widest circulation magazine for winter sports, to produce a print and online magazine that will stand out and appeal to the Club’s members and the snowsports industry.
They will also work with the Marketing Communications Manager on the brochures, member packs, promotional literature, flyers, logos, animations and other print and online marketing material needed by the Communications Team to build a strong, adaptable and visually engaging brand identity for the Ski Club, in order to maintain its position as the leading UK snowsports members’ club.
And they will put forward new ideas and visual concepts for the Ski Club’s brand and all of its printed and online collateral.
To produce Ski+board, the Ski Club’s flagship publication, producing InDesign templates in cooperation with the Editor, Deputy Editor and Head of Communications
To develop the regular features sections and feature pages to give them an authoritative feel that reflects the magazine’s independent voice as a not-for-profit organisation devoted to promoting winter sports to an ever-wider audience.
To choose different typefaces and create a typographic system
To determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use
To create illustrations and graphic elements used in the magazine
To lay out pages, advising on length of copy, suitability of images, helping source images where required, using page furniture, images and graphics to develop a strong theme to each feature
To create a consistent theme and flow to the publication that draws readers through the magazine, giving a unique feel to regular features and articles
To produce proofs for amendments and updates, working closely as part of the Ski +board team
To lay out advertorials to the specifications of advertisers
To be fully responsible for meeting print deadlines
To create PDFs of finalised pages to set up for printing
To check proofs from printers for potential errors
To check that pdfs of adverts meet the printers’ specifications and to liaise with the advertising agency to ensure that they are printed in the magazine to the advertisers’ requirements
To adapt the completed pages so that they can be published online, using the latest software packages to make them more easily accessible to users of iPads and other mobile media in future
Present Design to the Editor and Head of Communication for approval
Marketing and Promotional Collateral
To design all of the Ski Club’s printed marketing material, including the Freshtracks brochure, members’ packs, leaflets and posters
To prepare all artwork for printing
To be the driver of the creative vision for the Club, under the direction of the Marketing Communications Manager
Responsibility for the visual brand, ensuring it adapts to the different needs of the Ski Club, and remains fresh and up to date as the club prepares to launch its new website
Responsibility for ensuring design is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives across all communications, print and online
To use visuals, brand assets, graphics and images to enhance pages and provide clear messaging
Excellent visual skills with an eye for detail
Extensive knowledge of print and web design
An ability to think creatively and produce new ideas and concepts
Actively aware of all areas of design trends across consumer magazines
Previous experience of producing magazines, as well as brochures, member or brand communications
Ability to work under pressure on several projects at any one time and meet deadlines
Good verbal communication skills
A good strong team ethic and willingness to pitch in, whenever necessary
Enthusiasm to lead and guide Communications Team in aspects of design expression and execution
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
A BA/HND (or equivalent) in graphic design and an outstanding portfolio.
Fully conversant in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
At least two years’ experience as a magazine designer, or with a creative agency focussed on print
Experience of pre-press and dealing with printers, reproduction houses, advertising agencies and taking full responsibility for seeing publications from concept to the printed page
Some experience of skiing or snowboarding
Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Microsoft word office packages
To view back issues of Ski+board magazine and Ski Club marketing material see https://issuu.com/skiclub
Hello, we’re Impero — we’re an award-winning digital and social agency based in East London. We’re a friendly bunch of about 28 (+3 dogs) with a great riverside warehouse studio space. We do all types of creative work, but it’s mostly digital. Over the past few years, we’ve been steadily collecting a bunch of clients that we love, including some pretty big international brands and some really fun smaller ones. We’re currently looking for a new midweight digital designer.
We’re looking for someone experienced and talented to fill this role. Someone who is not only an amazing designer, but someone who also lives and breathes digital. Someone who can think beyond design and can work with us to formulate digital strategies and campaign ideas and take those ideas and turn them into a reality.
Being a small agency, we can offer you a bit of everything — a lack of bureaucracy; the independence to own your own projects from start to finish; and the possibility of growth within the company. We want someone who doesn’t just want to be a cog in some big machine; we want someone who wants to work directly with brands on the front line. Someone who…
– Has amazing digital design skills.
– Has a good understanding of UX and can design across platforms. + Isn’t afraid of big brands (commercial work for consumer-brands in your portfolio would be a big plus).
– Is equally happy working solo on bread and butter work as well as with design director and team on bigger creative campaigns.
– Has a strong understanding of social media and how to harness it. + Has a thousand ideas tucked away for a rainy day.
– Understands HTML and how to push it to its limits (design/ideas only — no coding skills required).
– Can also work with us on branding and some print projects. + Has some of experience (min. 4 years).
– Experience in 3D is a plus (but not required).
When it all boils down — what we need is a designer who can think. If you’re still reading and that sounds like you — send us your portfolio or some links to your work — we’re dead keen to have a chat.
We are looking for an ambitious Middleweight Designer to join our team in Brighton. For this great opportunity to work with us across a range of clients and sectors you’ll need:
• 3 – 4 years commercial experience in branding, campaigns, print and digital projects
• a proven track record in brilliantly creative visual identity
• a solid understanding of what makes good UI design and user experience
• excellent communication and presentation skills
• confident and meticulous project management skills
• a broad knowledge and interest in design, identity and creativity
• enthusiasm to work in an experienced, ambitious and compact team
• commitment to creative excellence
• a curious mind and sense of adventure
Salary: £28 – 32k per annum (dependent on experience)
Please email CVs/Portfolios to the address below along with approximately 100 words about why you’d like to work here:
About Baxter and Bailey
Design for good? Is that the same as good design? We think so. We’re an award-winning brand design company based in Brighton. We were founded on the simple belief that if we do our job well, the work we produce will make things better for people.
Baxter and Bailey began in 2012, so we’re still a youngish enterprise. But behind the youthful facade lies a reassuring weight of experience. Between us, we’ve worked in the upper echelons of the design and branding business – for leading agencies, small-but-high-profile creative boutiques, and even on the client side – since the mid-90s.
We’re ambitiously small – though growing steadily – and thoroughly enjoying the manoeuvrability and zippiness our independence gives us.
We’re Brighton-based, working with clients here in the UK and internationally too. And however big or small the challenge, we throw the kitchen sink at producing work with real substance and impact.
Over the years, we’ve done a huge amount of work in areas such as architecture, design and the arts. But these days our clients are a diverse bunch, with little more in common than a belief in the power of good design. They range from blue chips to start-ups, orchestras to charities.
This role will focus on generating engaging content for our digital ecommerce site. The role will report directly into the Assistant Art Director and Art Director and the successful candidate will be part of an inspiring and growing team of Designers and Junior designers. The role will cover both online and offline content across Womens and Menswear.
• PRODUCE original, user-focused concepts and solutions that are multi-faceted and incorporate all the elements of a great user experience while maintaining the house style and brand objectives.
• CREATE visual designs that effectively communicate seasonal concepts and brand identity, including the design and production of The Style Report editorial feature pages, weekly homepage updates, designer landing pages, promotional materials and special projects/other web collateral.
• LIAISE with all members within the Editorial department, including sub-editors, Pictures coordinators and Fashion teams designing from brief and delivering excellent visual site imagery with quality and performance. Assuring sign off with all relevant department heads.
• GENERATE seasonal change over site assets, promos and sale collateral.
• DELIVER marketing collateral from DMs, to marketing campaigns, competitions and in-store signage.
• DESIGN and produce layouts for online and offline – adhering to responsive templates when necessary with an ability to enhance and refresh designs as needed. Making sure all artwork is at a high quality standard and delivered on time.
• WORK alongside Editorial, Studio and Retail teams to design and deliver engaging site imagery and original print creative for MATCHESFASHION.com magazine.
• THOROUGHLY checking deliverables for retouching, colour correcting and optimisations of images for the web and delivering final assets as per technical specifications.
• ENSURE all creative adheres to style guidelines and articulates brand objectives.
• DEVELOPMENT of technical skills to stay abreast of web development trends.
• CHECKING closely on web development to ensure the build and function matches the original wireframe and design across all devices. Fixing issues where possible and flagging technical stoppers through a quality analysis before all site updates to live.
• CREATING inspiring moodboards for achievable, relevant still life photo shoots. PRODUCING and art directing still life with support from Assistant Art Directors, stylists and photographers.
• SUPPORT Junior workloads and provide guidance on deliverables.
• Proven experience in digital design
• Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines.
• High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
• Knowledge of structural of the HTML and CSS processes a plus.
• Someone who believes in creating designs with an emotional resonance for the end user.
• Strong understanding of typography, colour and layout.
• A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as demanding business needs.
• Pro-active with an ability to show initiative and generate ideas to constantly improve the quality of the site.
• Detail orientated, well organised, team player.
• Communicating and sharing inspiring ideas with the rest of the creative team members.
From the moment you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an engaging and memorable one.
If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, then please apply with a CV and covering letter stating your salary details and notice period.
The production assistant will become well-versed with the production process behind our product line (hats, bags & accessories) manufactured amongst artisanal communities around the world. Different tasks include creation of production templates, linesheets, color studies, sampling, mood boards and sourcing. Also, assistance with fulfillment, stock sorting, tracking couriers and supplier communication.
A good level of excel, attention to detail and graphic design experience in the fashion industry is ideal (but not mandatory), the rest can be taught!
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Nov 1-Nov 15, 2016
Salary: aprox. £20-25K /year (depending on experience)
Job Location: London- North Kensignton
Please submit resume, cover letter (and portfolio if applicable) to email@example.com
Only UK Nationals or UK Resident Card should apply and will be considered
Village Green are looking for an experienced designer to join their busy team working on a diverse range of projects and commissions. We are a successful London based design and creative studio working with brand, image, motion and digital design. Our work aspires to both challenge and engage. Our philosophy combines high quality production values with insight and imagination.
The candidate must have a minimum of 2 -3 years experience working in a commercial studio environment and be able to work in a team and lead their own project. They should be passionate, imaginative, resourceful and committed. Experience working with high profile clients and projects and a clear understanding of brand communication and storytelling are essential. The candidate is expected to be versatile and ready to engage with a variety of creative challenges, from implementing and developing design ideas from the team, to generating their own expressive responses to creative briefs.
Layout, typography, image composition and image production skills are also essential, as is the highest attention to detail and strong presentation skills. An ability to communicate confidently, an open minded attitude and a willingness to try new things will be required to integrate successfully with our hard working team.
Village Green encourage new ideas and approaches, offering the right candidate many opportunities to express themselves creatively and grow alongside the studio.
Necessary Technical Skills
Salary – dependent on candidates experience.
Please provide a link to your portfolio or a PDF, highlighting no more than five projects / examples of work you feel best exemplifies your design approach, plus your CV. Work should be sent digitally as a link or a PDF (no bigger than 8mb).
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Village Green Designer Position’ in the subject field.
Before applying, please ensure you have viewed our website www.villagegreenstudio.com and understand our approach and philosophy to decide if we are the right fit for you.
TVF Digital is an established, dynamic organisation that is experiencing a period of rapid growth. We deliver high-profile and highly effective digital campaigns across a wide range of sectors including arts, broadcasting, film, hospitality and healthcare. As part of the TVF Media group, TVF Digital works with prestigious clients including the BBC, Sky, Channel 4, National Geographic, Fox, RTP, Pfizer and GSK among others.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Graphic Designer to join our talented team of designers, developers, web-masters and video experts in our central London office. As a member of TVF Digital you will play a pivotal role in managing, developing a growing team and will play a part in the organisation’s push to expand into new forms of media and experience.
You will also work closely with our Digital Lead to creatively shape new and existing projects for our diverse range of clients. You will act as a key player in ensuring that TVF Digital continues to provide a high-quality, creative and forward thinking service. This is paramount to TVF Digital’s ongoing success. You will understand and interpret client briefs to their required specification. You will manage the process and timings of your projects and ultimately deliver them smoothly and to a high standard.
The ideal candidate will provide creative and technical solutions and will have a strong portfolio with examples that display creativity and insight. You will have an excellent knowledge of Adobe Master suite, in particular Photoshop, CSS, Illustrator and InDesign, with a working knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro. They will also have demonstrable experience of delivering high quality services within a time limit and experience of managing others. Experience of working with animation and video-editing is desirable.
This position contains excellent scope for increased responsibility and career progression therefore the successful candidate will be an ambitious individual with strong creative vision and technical skills. They will have demonstrable passion for the modern digital landscape and avid interest in the current trends and practices within the digital field. Having the vision to try new things is valued.
If you think the above sounds right for you, and you’re ready to bring enthusiasm to the role, we’d be excited to meet with you. Please apply via our website.
TVF Media spans the creative industries – from television and video content, education and communications, to arts and events. TVF Digital, part of the TVF Media group, is a young and dynamic tech start-up company which brings together the experience of our video post production, design and development teams alongside new talent in web analytics and social media to create an agency team with clients across a range of sectors including arts, broadcasting, hotel and leisure, healthcare and education.
We are looking for a talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our rapidly expanding multimedia group in a creative, design-based role. Based in central London, you will be working within our innovative digital agency, contributing to projects across TVF Media’s divisions. As a member of our award-winning creative team of Developers and Designers, you will be integral to our aim to push the forefront of both print and digital design platforms.
The successful candidate will be ambitious and keen to see themselves grow in our expanding design studio. You must have an excellent educational background with an undergraduate degree plus a design qualification and/or demonstrable experience. You will have strong creative vision and technical skills including excellent knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite.
If you think you have what it takes to join this exciting company, please apply now via our website..
Crave & Lamb is one of the UK’s fastest growing independent media agencies. We are looking for a designer to join our creative team to support a senior designer with all aspects of studio work.
We are looking for a candidate who can work across our client base with a focus on sporting clients.
1. Taking client briefs
2. Organising all studio assets
3. Working with digital design projects (ad campaigns)
3.a HTML5 banner suites
3.b Social creative
3.c Homepage takeover graphics
3.d On site creative
4. Working with offline design projects (ad campaigns)
4.b out of home
– A good understanding of the adobe creative suite of products
– Previous experience working with digital design projects
– Ideally a working knowledge of how to build HTML5 banners (applicants will be considered who are willing to learn)
– Comfortable working to tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment
– Comfortable speaking to clients directly where applicable
– Ideally degree educated with a background in design
To submit your application please do so via email@example.com and send over your recent digital portfolio.
DIGITAL DESIGNER – RACQUET SPORTS (TENNIS)
The HEAD Sports Creative Studio based in London, UK is expanding to become a full in-house agency and is therefore looking for energetic, entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary people to join us in achieving our vision of cutting-edge performance at all levels.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious Digital Designer for our Creative Studio. Ultimately, you should be able to bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive and compelling story. This role will involve traveling to some of the world’s major tennis tournaments and working closely with our film and media crews to produce exciting content in a quick turnaround time. When you’re not on location at some of these major sporting events, you’ll be working with our creative team on the ideation, creation and production of the many marketing and communication projects we produce for our various digital channels (web, mobile, social media, apps, interactive, film, video, etc.).
Candidates should be bursting with ideas and passion for digital design and have an obsessive interest in sports (particularly tennis), digital innovation and pixel perfection. As a person with significant creative digital experience, you’ll be expected to translate multi-channel briefs into user-centric experiences that translate well across all devices. Additionally, you must love to craft ideas through innovative tech and inspire those around you. Preferably, you will have worked in the tennis industry and/or are an avid tennis player yourself.
• Working across multiple digital channels to produce innovative and high quality for all our digital platforms
• Improving usability, functionality and aesthetics across all digital media
• Demonstrating an understanding of web development and platforms to inform design decisions
• Development of strong UI and UX wireframes into design that not only looks great but also performs for our business
• Continually maintain awareness of customer user behaviour in order to maximize their experience and generate sales
• Passionate about keeping up-to-date of changes in design and technology and knowledge sharing with team
• Aid the wider creative and marketing teams in the understanding and production of cutting-edge digital design
You will need 5+ years’ experience working as a Digital Designer. You will need to show commitment and determination to help our brand develop and stand out on all digital platforms. As well, you must be proficient in using the most up-to-date editing software, graphic design software and hardware.
• Naturally creative and imaginative with a strong eye for detail
• A keen eye for premium, luxurious brand experiences across all digital channels
• A brilliant digital portfolio of recent cross-platform, multi-device UI work, demonstrating UI and responsive best practice
• Application of user-centred design across all work
• Understanding of web accessibility and its impact on design
• Ability to weave in a high degree of interactivity into creative concepts to maximize the user experience
• Understanding of creating well crafted social media experiences (sight and sound)
• Experience working closely and effectively with developers in turning designs into well crafted digital experiences
• Ability to work with developers to produce and test the functionality of the end product
• Experience creating mobile and/or responsive designs
• Sound understanding of computer technology and technical processes involved as well as responsive front-end design best practice
• A master of industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages
• Understanding of HTML5 and CSS
• Ability to bring designs/concepts to life using prototyping or motion graphics software preferred
• A team player who thrives working alongside colleagues and external consultants across a wide range of briefs
• Organised, self-motivated and able to work efficiently to tight deadlines
• Understanding of what appeals to different target audiences
• Flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria
• A keen interest in the future of interactive media, particularly digital technologies, as well as in commercial trends and innovations (e.g. special effects, photography, film, sound, animation, etc.)
There will be some international travel required. Being fluent in English and German (spoken and written) will be highly advantageous.
Please apply with a cover letter and a link to your online portfolio.
Middleweight – Senior Graphic designer
We are looking for a mid-weight to senior graphic designer to work across our publications, FE Week and Schools Week. Working to the Head designer you will have responsibility for the graphic production of the online and print editions of our titles and general graphic design for Lsect. This is a fast paced environment so only design ninjas need apply. Newspaper or magazine experience would be a plus.
Location: Greenwich, London, SE10
Reports to: Head Designer
Staff Responsibilities: nil
Hours of work: 9am until 5:30pm, Monday to Wednesday. Late night Thursday (press day) with flexi time on Friday.
Salary Range: £22.5k to £27.5k (DOE)
FE Week and Schools Week are weekly online and printed newspapers dedicated to the education sectors in England.
FE Week launched in September 2011 and is published weekly (term time, 36 weeks). Schools Week launched in September 2014 and is published weekly (term time, 37 weeks).
The papers are a lively read, offering a mixture of news, exclusives, expert comment, features, technical information, coffee break snippets and more.
Both titles are written for middle and senior management working in schools, colleges, private training providers, and those interested in education policy, including government, policy shapers and other service providers.
The newspapers are published by Lsect Ltd. Lsect Ltd was established in 2011 to provide financial training, conferences and a weekly newspaper (FE Week) to the further education sector. With an annual turnover in 2014 exceeding £1.9m, we are growing and developing business.
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have a passion for editorial design, an eye for detail and a wealth of knowledge in design; a creative yet commercial mind is also important.
The role involves both online and print media roles. On a weekly basis you will be responsible for ensuring the successful design, production and printing of one of the newspapers. Upon you joining the organisation you will be given one of the newspapers as your primary day-to-day focus.
If you’re the kind of person who’s determined to be your best, whatever you do – then we want to meet you. We’re looking for all kinds of individuals – people with real drive, motivation and passion, who want to develop their careers a supportive, high energy environment, and help drive their career and our business forward and play a key role as we enter our sixth year. We want you to grow with us.
• Responsibility for the design and page layout of FE Week and Schools Week — online and in print (predominately FE Week).
• Sending the newspaper to print on a weekly basis and liasing with the printer
• Managing the creative briefs with clients of Lsect, FE Week and Schools Week
• Maintenance and development of online presence: lsect.co.uk, feweek.co.uk and a schoolsweek.co.uk including social media
• Responsibility for the production of all promotional material including adverts, flyers etc
• Liaising with print suppliers to ensure all related items are produced to a high quality whilst being cost effective
• Any other duties as required from senior managers
Qualifications & Training: Media and/or Graphic Design based degree or similar qualification
Experience: Experience of all the “Adobe Creative Suite” Working with print media publications and sub-editing, Editorial design
Skills: Excellent typographic and artworking skills, very strong on concept and brand development, and have a great understanding of the web.
Excellent Knowledge of: Adobe, Creative Suite software, Word Press, general computer software.
Qualities and Attitude: Creativity, persistence, attention to detail, multi-tasking, team worker and able to receive constructive criticism positively.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this.
Send a CV, pdf portfolio and a covering letter outlining why you are well suited to the role by clicking the link below.
Interviews to take place in September.
We are looking for a middleweight designer to work with us – either permanent or freelance. Spiral is a digital media agency with over 20 years experience of designing and producing digital media for landmark projects in the UK and overseas. Our work includes both linear media (AV, film, video, animation, motion graphics) and interactive media (games, websites, information kiosks, apps). You’d be working on screen designs, illustration, storyboards, motion graphics and games.
Clients include the Science Museum, the British Library, Mary Rose Museum, Colgate, The Guardian, Imperial War Museum, National Trust for Scotland, Colchester Castle Museum and 1001 Inventions.
Ideal candidates will have a varied portfolio of work, showcasing digital projects.
– Strong typographic and layout skills
– Ability to illustrate (for icons, infographics)
– Able to develop new ideas for client pitches
– Great organisational, team work and time management skills
– Able to work within a team to develop ideas from briefs
– A sense of playfulness and intelligence
– A keen interest in design