Are you currently a junior looking for the next step in your career? Are you ready to play a more integral role on projects? And do you have a burning desire to produce work that has the power to inspire change in our society? If the answer is yes, this may just be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for…
Wolf&Player are seeking an up-and-coming User Experience Designer to join our small but highly talented creative team in London.
We grow our clients’ influence by designing strategic communications that inspire action. You will play a central role in this, designing engaging digital products which spark change — from shifting attitudes and behaviours to starting new movements.
You should be an analytical and creative designer who is confident taking ideas through a lean, user-centred design process. You’ll be disturbingly creative, have a razor sharp eye for identifying what is important and get satisfaction from delivering products that don’t just work, but give pleasure in doing so. You will also be able to communicate crystal clearly, have a positive attitude and vitally a good sense of humour.
In return you will have the opportunity to carve out a central role for yourself in a highly ambitious, passionate and growing ethical design studio. You’ll work on a wide variety of interesting projects for our partners who are all working to inspire change and make a difference in the world. And we’ll make sure you enjoy the journey as much as we do, because for us work-life balance and wellness and wellbeing are just as important as the production of great work.
Role: UX Designer
Position type: Full time, permanent
Location: Peckham, South London
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
Your core areas of responsibility will include:
– Identifying user requirements: Researching and evaluating user needs, preferences, objectives, and consumption habits; conducting interviews and workshops; creating user personas.
– Planning of information architectures: Identifying the key messages, features and functionality; designing narrative flow, information structure, sitemaps and navigation systems.
– Crafting interactive experiences: Producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications.
– Wireframe & Prototyping: Preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups; work with UI Designer and Producer to align with site concept and visual design; documenting structure and processes; communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
– Usability testing: Validate performance by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating analytics data and studying feedback.
– Process development: Continually refining and perfecting the Wolf&Player usability process; tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
Abilities and Experience
1. Two+ years of experience in the digital design industry designing cutting-edge websites, apps, interfaces and/or digital campaigns
2. Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and / or Invision applications
3. Proven experience of user experience design, information architecture and wireframing
4. Proven understanding of responsive and adaptive design frameworks
5. General understanding of typography, layout, colour and grid structures
6. A working knowledge of agile project management processes and methodologies
7. Experience of balancing multiple projects simultaneously
8. Ability to work to deadlines
9. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at a variety of levels
10. Ability to show initiative, make decisions and solve problems independently
11. Ability to show initiative for own development and learning
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com by Friday 9th November.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A design and communications agency with a purpose.
We are a London based creative studio that exists to help inspire positive environmental and social change. As the partner of choice for companies in the impact sector, we help them make a difference, be disruptive, go further.
We help our partners increase their impact and grow their influence by designing strategic communications that inspire action — from shifting attitudes and behaviours to starting new movements.
We’re always looking for people with a vision for change that we can help make reality.
People like you.
For more information visit: wolfandplayer.com