About My Beautiful City
Founded in 2005, My Beautiful City is a global multidisciplinary creative agency that provides 360° support spanning strategy, concept, design and production. Through exploratory, multi-sensory and immersive storytelling, we craft novel experiences that deepen the emotional connection between brands and their audiences. With roots long anchored in fashion and contemporary culture, we have established ourselves as a knowledgeable and trusted partner to some of the world’s most iconic brands including Dior, Fendi, MAC Cosmetics, BVLGARI and Versace. Together with our forward-thinking clients and global network of partners, we execute sophisticated and innovative brand-building experiences that unite global audiences through creativity and community. We draw inspiration from the multi-faceted richness of a diverse, global culture and hunt for new ways to challenge the norm while inspiring the exceptional from concept to creation. Always prevalent is a relentless search for progressive and provocative ways to effectively engage and communicate a brand’s narrative both physically and digitally.
Job Title: Creative Lead (Events)
Reporting to: Robin Scott-Lawson, Founder and Creative Director
Direct Reports: Creative Assistant, Middleweight Designer, Freelance Creatives
The Creative Lead is responsible for leading the creative strategy, development and execution for all My Beautiful City projects. Reporting to Robin Scott-Lawson, Founder and Creative Director, this role is cross functional, requires strong conceptual skills, a deep knowledge of brand storytelling and an understanding of current business realities. As a guardian, leader and collaborator, this role fuels forward-thinking ideas that bridge client and agency ambitions and aesthetics. We are looking for an articulate creative innovator with strong presentation skills, a keen eye for detail and several years’ experience in a similar role in the creative events industry.
Research, Interpretation and Alignment:
• Analise client briefs alongside the Head of Production and New Business team. Discuss and determine the agency’s go-forward strategy based on the agency and project’s schedule, internal capacity, allocated budget and brief specifics
• Formulate additional questions that build upon the information collected from the original brief and, when necessary, is client-facing to ascertain any additional information that was not previously provided
• Conducts in-depth research based on the briefing information to help benchmark the brand’s creative and strategic expectations and processes. Considers feasibility and budget constraints the project may face
• Monitors global market and industry trends within fashion and the broader cultural sphere and notes the emergence of new talent and technologies to strategically curate and cultivate creative responses
• Synthesize findings and establish appropriate 360 creative strategies that successfully fulfil the client brief, respond to the changing landscape of experiences and achieve our own creative ambitions. Highlight any creative, technical and budgetary constraints
• Define, inform, and evolve creative positioning and brand standards for consistent and on-brand execution. Proactively considers and offers alternative creative propositions that go beyond the brief to support the overall marketing and creative brand strategy
Ideation, Development and Delivery:
• Develop and build My Beautiful City’s network of creative contacts and recommend complementary partners and talent that will help grow the agency’s creative offerings and relevance
• Engage freelance team members when necessary, as well as cultivating a network of suppliers, experts, contractors, partners, etc., to fulfil a given project’s creative brief (e.g. spatial designers, graphic designers, CGI artists, creative strategists, art directors, talent programmers, creative technologists, etc.)
• Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations amongst creative groups to ensure the output is brand appropriate, of high quality and is time effective, while looking to guide and encourage the growth of skillsets
• Brief and manage internal and external creative team members throughout pre-production and production stages while overseeing the creative output throughout. Advise team members on a project’s progression and offer creative input and advice to the wider team, to ensure the proposed creative solutions are consistently being produced at a high level of delivery
• Inspire and direct project-dedicated team members to generate original and innovative artistic concepts that effectively engage and communicate a brand’s narrative through culture, creativity and community. Where relevant, the Creative Lead initiates the development and use of technology and sustainability-focused tools and services to align with the agency’s brand vision
• Manage multiple creative projects, teams and timelines. Work alongside the cross-departmental team dedicated to each project (Producer, Client Director, etc.) and plan the different production stages to ensure timelines, budgets and workloads are respected accordingly
• Ensure alignment between the brief and output while translating the client’s marketing and creative strategies into visually compelling and emotionally engaging outputs
• Present key pitches and creative work to clients and project partners
• Supervise and nurture relevant creative team members on day-to-day client management and project deliverables. Alongside Robin, the Founder and Creative Director, the Creative Lead plans and manages biannual employee reviews to strengthen future performance amongst the Creative team
• Shape creative and design decisions in response to client feedback. Respond to changes requested by clients and supports the exploration and refinement of alternative solutions until final approval is received
• Oversee the team’s final execution of onsite at events. Work collaboratively with the project-specific team to ensure the quality and completion of all tasks
• Collaborate with the New Business team and Production to source the necessary photographers and videographers to document all project work for future internal and external showcasing, including My Beautiful City’s social channels.
• Assess and document a project’s successes and learnings as part of the project debrief, collaborates with internal teams on recommendations for future productions
• Guardian of the agency’s branding and aesthetic, ensuring design consideration and consistency across all agency output for example document templates, presentation decks, website and social media channels.
Minimum 4 years of Adobe Creative Suite experience
Minimum of 2 years event art direction experience
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Applicants should include a cover letter, CV and relevant portfolio.