Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s Content & Brand team draws together writing, research, design, brand strategy, web development, data visualisation and video production, to produce powerful creative content. As part of our central Content & Brand team, you will work with account teams across the business to deliver their client and marketing requirements.
Portland is looking for a talented Digital Project Manager to work in our in-house content creation unit. Our integrated team supports clients across Portland, producing content and collateral for public affairs, communications and stakeholder campaigns.
The Digital Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various digital projects, including website design and development, online tools, email design, and other digital-related projects. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with at least three years of experience of hands-on experience managing websites and other interactive media.
The ideal candidate should have a foundation in design, technology or similar disciplines. With strong digital design knowledge and with the expertise to manage a project from start to finish with tight turnaround times. We are looking for a team player that can help us be proud of our delivery and build processes that enable us to expand to other markets.
– End to end management of digital work streams including online and offline interactive projects. From scoping/briefing to delivery
– Planning website projects, documenting technical feasibilities and managing client expectations (internal and external clients)
– Creation of SoWs and project documentation, such as timelines, fees grids and technical specifications
– Work closely with the digital designers and developers to deliver the highest quality digital output to the brief
– Management of projects using our different project management systems
– Undertake QA before product launch, analyse and effectively communicate the issues to our developers
– Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
– Grounded communicator: you know how to set expectations with teammates, ask the right questions, explain what you’re capable of, and talk about design decisions clearly and persuasively to non-designers
– Work closely with C&B management team to develop new business proposals
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
You must have:
– Proven experience as a Digital Project Manager
– Hands-on experience across multiple content management systems, understand the wider digital communications ecosystem and be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
– Proven digital project experience and understanding of coding languages required for iOS, Android and Web Apps
– An understanding of popular EMS (Email Management Systems) and the process involved in the design and development of HTML emails
– Worked with web servers and liaised with hosting suppliers (we use a managed hosting service, so in-depth server management skills are not required)
– Experience buying and setting up domains as well as DNS management
– Knowledge of web builds, front and back end
– Proven track record of planning, documenting and delivery of projects
– A high level of organisational and problem-solving skills
– Good understanding of emerging web standards, plus proven web experience and architecture knowledge
– Experience in managing large-scale projects and major client relationships
– Motion graphics production
– Experience working with online security experts and penetration testing
– Experience with audio-visual technologies, like video editing, animation, etc
– Experience within a production house/ creative agency is not required but this would be an ideal role for someone with this experience
What we offer in return:
– We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
– Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
– In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.