If you like to push yourself and think outside the box, this is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic WEB and APP designer who wants to be exposed to a wide and varied set of design tasks and likes to work on projects (and products) through their whole life cycle.
High standard of graphic and web design skills
Experience with a popular CMS e.g. Drupal / WordPress
Good knowledge of cross browser issues
Experience using CSS pre-processors (SASS preferred)
Familiarity with version control systems (Git preferred)
Any commercial experience a benefit
Degree level education preferred
ABOUT OUR COMPANY; BREAD
BREAD is an innovative and forward thinking digital agency.
We design and build high quality websites, web applications and mobile/tablet apps for a variety of business sectors. We have a solid track record and some great clients. We’re expanding and looking to move on to the next level – we need some new people to help us achieve that goal.
We’re a friendly, approachable and flexible company. We don’t have any strict hierarchies. You’ll be part of a team that works closely together. We have a modern, comfortable, easy-to-reach office in Borough, near London Bridge, SE1 – a great upcoming area. We’re close to Borough Market, the Tate Modern, Bankside and The Southbank – and only 10 minutes into the West End.
Please see our agency website: http://breadcreative.com
Our app based work (branded as Companyapp): http://companyapp.co.uk
We need a talented and versatile Web Designer / Developer to join our team and work across a wide variety of tasks, including:
• Design for Websites and apps
• Responsive website development in WordPress / Drupal
• Interactive content for presentations / e-learning
• Web apps for desktop, tablet and mobile.
• Helping to manage and support clients
• Helping to cost proposals for new business
• Planning and scoping new projects
We need someone who is creative, resourceful and has a good eye for detail. We always try to be up with the latest trends in web design, so you need to relish the challenge of constant innovation. As a web designer for us you need to like being busy, see a problem as an opportunity, have a good imagination and be keen to innovate.
We would expect you to be able to be capable of great original design, but also be able to produce work to given design style guidelines if required. Any experience of design for print would also be useful as this is occasionally required in the job.
The job will cover a wide range of skills so you need to be flexible, quick to learn and adaptable as any particular project evolves. The ability to work to tight deadlines is essential and you will need to have good interpersonal skills to enable you to liaise with clients effectively.
We think that all our staff need to be ‘creatives’. Imagination, inventiveness and vision are not just qualities for designers and copywriters – good developers need them too – to solve problems, come up with new ideas and to stretch the boundaries of what is possible.
To work with us you need to be a truly talented and highly motivated individual, who is passionate about web and app design. You need to be confident in your ability to deal with the demands of working on original and cutting edge assignments and be happy to embrace the challenge of always going one better than the last project.
We’re a small team – but that means you can gain big experience. With us you’ll be working on a wide range of tasks, on a variety of projects, using a range of different technologies. Life will not be dull. You won’t be one of 20 other Web Designers doing the same job, day in, day out. We will challenge you to learn and grow – get involved in new things – to push yourself.
For this role you will need to . . .
• Be passionate about good design for UE and UI
• Enjoy coding – be capable of producing clean, efficient, robust and well-commented code
• Enjoy working in a small team, relish seeing projects through from beginning to end and being involved in the whole process
• Take real pride in your work – always seek to excel at what you are doing and look to go the extra mile
• Be versatile and willing to learn new stuff – be quick and adaptable
• Be able to develop projects for the real world with high quality and intuitive UI and UX
• Have the self-motivation, initiative and discipline required to deliver your tasks on-time and on-spec – often to tight deadlines.
We would ask that with your application you submit a portfolio of your work in a designer role and explain your exact part in it. If you are invited to interview you should be aware that we may ask you to sit a short test. We may also ask for code examples.