For twenty years, boutique London agency Eye-D Creative has been connecting businesses and brands to consumers, with their strategy-led, integrated approach to Design, Art Direction, Print, Digital and AV marketing, and Editorial Content.
Our broad client roster covers everything from start-ups to blue chip brands, including some of the biggest names in sport and entertainment, like the FA, 2K, King, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros.
A big part of what makes us special is the blend of experience and talent in our multi-skilled and tight-knit team.
We’re looking for a Mid-weight MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER to join our creative team. You’ll need to have a diverse portfolio, passion for graphic design and typography, with at least 2 years of animation experience in an agency setting or other related industry.
An interest in gaming (console / PC / mobile) would be a definite advantage, as a growing volume of our work lies in this exciting field.
You’ll be expected to hit the ground running, and manage deadlines deftly. But we expect you to be learning as well as contributing, so there’ll be plenty of support on hand from some of the best and most widely experienced designers in the business.
Any tea-making is done on an entirely voluntary basis.
As a Mid-weight MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER, you are passionate for graphic design and typography, you will be ready to develop your existing skills by working with the senior creative staff on a range of challenging, ambitious and innovative projects. To succeed in this role, you’d need skills and experience in vector animation, 2d, 2.5d and 3D, and of course high level of proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D and it’s plug-ins, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
**IMPORTANT** Portfolio and/or demo (required) featuring a variety of styles.
You must have a good working knowledge of the following tools:
– After Effects CC – high level of composition skills required
– Adobe Premiere – mid level skill required
– Photoshop – high level of skill required
– Cinema 4D – high level of 3D required
– llustrator – mid level of skill required
As well as your motion graphics animation skills, communication will form a big part of your job in-house. You must be confident enough to contribute to the creative process from concept to delivery, and able to present your ideas with clarity.
You must have your finger on the pulse of current trends and be able to reflect that in your work and ideas.
– Work closely with the animation lead/supervisor to create high standard of animation for Web and TV.
– Offering input to creative meetings. Sharing and developing new ideas. Collaborate across discipline (Production, Graphic Designers, Editors, Audio and Music, 2D Animators) to deliver projects.
– Design, create motion graphics and visual elements in a variety of styles mixing 2D, 2.5D and good use of Cinema 4D a must.
– Focus on compositing scenes and characters that would’ve been animated by the 2D animators, designing new assets in Photoshop, Illustrator or C4D.
– Producing special effects, backgrounds, scene transitions as well as bringing creative ideas and concepts to life.
– Capable of using Premiere for editing and adding audio for animatics and final outputs.
– In charge of rendering all final versions from the final masters using a variety of codecs using adobe media encoder and QCing before final delivery
– Required to capture mobile gameplay footage on a regular basis
– Must communicate well and be willing to take notes and direction, under tight deadlines.
– Liaising with other team members to troubleshoot and problem solve.
– Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
Skills required :
– Must have at least 2 years experience working as an Motion animator for commercial work, in either TV or WEB.
– Strong understanding of 2D, 2.5D and Cinema 4D, experience with Maya a plus.
– A good understanding of video editing, and experience using editing tools e.g. Premiere.
– Video encoding and an interest in the technical side of video production.
– Strong graphic design and typography skills.
– Experience using AE Puppet Tool is a Plus.
– Interest in Film & Video Games.
– Ability to problem solve and predict problems with assigned tasks.
– Generate new ways to tell stories, through various animation techniques.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Solid knowledge of animation trends and latest plug-ins.
– Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense.
– Adept in Apple OS.
– An understanding and passion for typography and graphic design.
– Adeptness with leading design software packages.
– An ambitious and determined outlook.
– The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
– Experience of working as part of a team and independently, self motivated and proactive.
– The ability to see projects through from concept to creation.
– Consistent attention and passion given to projects large and small.
– Good organisational skills and a team mentality.
– The motivation to maintain and improve animation standards.
– A willingness to listen to feedback and take it on board.
We’re not a team that’s constantly fire-fighting, but things do get frantic now and then. As a Mid-weight MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER, you may need to pull some odd hours, so a flexible approach to timekeeping is sometimes required. When the job needs it, we all jump.
– A BA (hons) degree in Motion Graphics, Visual Communication or similar.
Sorry, but due to the high volume of applications, only prospective interviewees will be contacted.