Bridebook is a the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website, backed by some of the smartest investors out there and headquartered in the heart of Notting Hill. We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to help shape the future of our business as we continue to take the wedding industry by storm. You will be responsible for a key part of our mission to make wedding planning as intuitive, fun and rewarding as it should be. Since launching our site in 2016, we now have over 100,000 couples planning their weddings with us, have been featured by the App Store, New York Times and the BBC, and we’re only just getting started!
You should be someone who is capable of carrying design thinking through to execution, producing industry-leading work that sets the standard for excellence. You will be working hand-in-hand with our developers to build and deliver our product as a team.
– Lead and grow the design team
– Work closely with other members of the overall team to continuously improve and evolve the product and design process
– Identify and define new product opportunities based on our short and long-term roadmap
– Work towards carrying out effective user testing and using the results to help shape our product decisions
– Collaboratively develop a product with continuous iterations, which are based on effective research and data analysis
– Create sketches, prototypes, wireframes, user flows and UI interactions for app as well as mobile and desktop web
– Work closely with product managers and developers, to help produce a product that satisfies business, technical and UX constraints
– You are managerial and process-driven
– You have a track record of helping to build successful products
– You have experience designing apps as well as mobile and desktop web; you have a mobile-first mindset
– You are ultimately responsible for design decisions, but are always able to talk through and defend those ideas
– You have strong UI/UX skills
– Experience using Sketch, InVision, Principle/Framer or similar
– You have experience working directly with developers on design implementation
– You always start with the “why”, using both empathy and data to understand the problem before jumping to conclusions
– You hold user experience above ego
– You always take into account the technical implications of your design decisions
– You have basic coding knowledge, and are thus able to serve as a bridge between developers and the rest of your team (but don’t worry, you are not expected to code!)
– Knowledge of React / HTML / CSS (or any CSS preprocessors) is a plus
– You have strong visual skills, but above all, you are an advocate for lean UX
– You have a portfolio that demonstrates strategic problem solving as well as your experience creating successful, user-centric products with a keen eye for UI/UX
This position is full-time and on-site on the 8th floor of our Notting Hill office where we have some of the best panoramic views of London!