Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows. Prime Video is the first streaming service in the world to win a best TV series Golden Globe (we’ve won two) as well an Oscar (we’ve won three). Let’s not forget about that BAFTA. We’re not taking our foot off the gas in 2017 – we’re now available in 242 countries and territories and we’re dramatically increasing the selection of our original TV series and films with collaborators such as Ridley Scott, Matthew Weiner, and David O. Russell.
We are seeking a talented, customer-focused Visual Designer, skilled at creating compelling creative promotional assets (images, videos/promos/trailers). This position will conceptualize and create inventive go-to-market collateral for internal and external marketing campaigns. Much of the work will be generating assets for the website/apps (site takeovers, banners, splash pages, and video trailers/promos), social media and other promotion material for the marketing and merchandizing teams. The Visual Designer will be the custodian of all creative assets (banners, images, videos/trailers) that may be sourced directly from content owners, or created in-house by the team or outsourced to agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong visual style and a proven track record of creating exciting collaterals/projects and creation of on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements. Ability to deliver clean, web-ready designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines in a fast-paced production environment for Amazon Video. This position also required strong analytical rigor, with the ability to stay connected to the impact and results of their work on a day-to day basis. The ability to manage multiple projects and large volume for a number of in-house clients is essential. This role covers the UK and Germany and hence there is a requirement for someone with knowledge of both languages.
· Design beautiful and engaging advertising creative in support of marketing and merchandizing initiatives across video, digital, social media, print, merchandising, out-of-home and any other assets as deemed necessary
· Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
· Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce Amazon Video’s vision, brand, and business objectives across all platforms
· Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our brand, cross-platform experiences and merchandising
· Understand and respond to design campaign performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative based on these learnings
· Support the design team by producing, managing and uploading graphic assets
· Fluent level of English and German is required
· Bachelor degree in design or equivalent professional experience required
· Multiple years of professional experience working as a visual designer
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks.
· Strong understanding of commercial creativity, brand development, the digital landscape and multichannel marketing concepts
· Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong visual design skills and advertising experience across a range of media and platforms
· Proven track record in creative and production experience with a major studio or television network, advertising/marketing agency or production company.
· Proven success in leading multiple projects/assignments and execution across all forms of media, video and digital and mass media.
· Understanding of web/mobile information architecture and ability to quickly learn all site components
· Ability to work constructively with technology teams. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Please apply with your CV in English