PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
WE Communication is one of the largest independent communications and integrated marketing agency’s in the world with 24 offices globally and more than 1,300 people who love bringing communications to the next level. With an office close to Bankside, we are keen to bolster our ranks with a senior hire to help expand our offering and support existing key integrated client(s).
We are currently looking for a first-class creative to drive full-integration across all our disciplines – Technology, Healthcare, Consumer and Digital and Experience technology.
Together with the Lead Designer, you will work to create and deliver award-winning, original design and creative content for briefs that come in from our varied portfolio of clients. The job is incredibly varied – ranging from graphic design and layout work for web and print, with the majority of the role focused on digital print. You will be part of our Digital and Experience Technology team, consisting of Designers, Content, Digital and Influencer Marketing specialists – with the aim of telling stories through first-class content.
Communication is a big part of the job too, so you should feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. From brainstorming and presenting initial ideas, right through to final execution and delivering.
The role of Mid-Weight Designer is broken down into 3 main areas: –
Integral part of the Creative/Digital Team to Push Full Integration – 70%
• You will be an integral part of our Digital and Experience Technology team, and will be heavily involved in driving creativity across the agency. You will work closely with our Lead Designer to define and shape our creative offering, ensuring that the agency shows up well in all materials, content and assets produced by the design team.
• New Business Support – 20%
You will provide art and creative support for a wide range of new business pitches and proposals across the agency and across all sector teams. This will cover a wide range of design disciplines from creative presentations through to content hub website designs.
Working with Lead Designer to Learn and Develop – 10%
• As part of your continued development, you will work closely with the Lead Designer and wider Digital and Experience Technology team. At all times we will look to push you, encourage and develop your skills and creativity.
• Portfolio that showcases your ability to deliver campaigns across both B2B and B2C audiences
• Strong understanding on the future direction of integrated communications.
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning clearly and confidently
• An ability to be patient and focused under tight deadlines, work on multiple projects and prioritise tasks for each
• 3+ years of experience as professional graphic designer in multimedia agency, advertising agency, design studio or branding house
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
• Robust corporate branding experience
• The ability to take brands into the digital space
• Good typography and art direction skills
• Desirable experience with video production and motion graphics
• Understanding of website delivery, from wireframe to hosting
• Must be able to work with teams across various geographic locations (virtual team structures)
• Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
• Open office environment with a growing and diverse team (flat structure)
• Roll your sleeves up, lead-from-the-front style leadership
• Strong presentation and communication skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.