WHO WE ARE
One Rise East are a multidisciplinary creative agency based in Walthamstow, delivering incredible experiences and unforgettable content across the digital hemisphere.
We’re builders, storytellers and thinkers. Illustrators, makers, grafters and innovators.
We are known by our clients for our ability to deliver engaging and inspiring design and also for our unparalleled communication and project management.
You will have a strong background in conceptualising design solutions from scratch, working independently to generate concepts based on creative briefs, sharing and discussing ideas and process, as well as executing work to a high standard.
Our projects are wide-ranging and we work closely with the environmental and project management team, who we proactively share ideas, making for a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will report to the Head of Creative as well as work with, and mentor junior designers in the team whilst developing your own personal goals and milestones.
You will be expected to handle multiple projects at any given time from various clients and ‘own’ and manage a number of specific clients yourself.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
– Outstanding knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Experienced and comfortable managing multiple projects and deadlines as well as communicating directly with clients.
– A strong portfolio of work demonstrating an awareness and understanding of print and digital work formed by core design skills in typography, colour and layout.
– Significant knowledge of both digital design (web design, email design, app design) and print design (branding guidelines, marketing collateral, presentation design, and print ready work)
– BA degree in design / graphic design and at least 4 years of agency experience
– A sharp eye for layout, consistency, format and attention to detail
– Good communication skills for liaising with both colleagues and clients
– A creative thinker
– A self motivated and driven personality, one who is not afraid to ask questions
– Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
– A genuine team player
– Keep up to date with developments and influences in the digital industry, sharing inspiration and insight with colleagues across the agency
– Consistently coming up with original, creative ideas and taking them from brainstorming to delivery
– Designing, developing and executing large and small creative briefs to a high standard
– Presenting and selling ideas to the team and clients
– To lead design and influence other designers with your direction
– Contribution to briefing, management and mentoring of Junior Designers and Interns
– Maintaining accurate time records and working with Project Manager
– Working direct with some clients and developing positive relationships
– Assisting in the creative direction and development of the agency
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
– We offer opportunities to work on a diverse range of projects, clients and genres
– We provide ongoing training and support in a positive and nurturing work environment
– We have great studio benefits including free breakfasts and fruit, cultural outings and company days out, Friday drinks, 25 days holiday (not including bank holidays) and a super friendly, fun studio environment to work in.
– A genuine commitment to personal learning & development, as well as tickets to design events and talks
How to Apply
If you think you have what it takes, email firstname.lastname@example.org making sure to include your name and the position you are applying for ‘Mid Weight Designer’ in the subject line. Please attach your portfolio and CV.