Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world. Sightsavers offers a great place to work within easy reach of London and Brighton.
We’re looking for an experienced, multi-disciplined designer to work in partnership with our campaigns and communications teams to develop innovative concepts and create a broad range of multi-channel content that is visually engaging, inspires and connects with audiences, and delivers change as part of Sightsavers’ policy campaign Put Us in the Picture.
Prospective candidates should be confident developing design concepts aligned to the campaign and have the experience to translate these into a wide range of compelling communication products. This could be anything from exhibition brochures, web pages and social media assets, to campaign identities.
You should have:
- A relevant design degree or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience working in digital and print design.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Studio, especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience producing multi-platform assets.
- Sound understanding and experience of managing design projects.
- Thorough understanding of editorial, design production processes and workflows.
- Strong design, communications, layout and typography skills.
- A passion for emerging design and digital trends as well as design in digital and offline communications.
As well as the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of some of the world’s most disadvantaged people, we offer a pleasant working environment in a nice area, good general benefits and an atmosphere that is respectful of the impact and influence great communications design can have on changing attitudes and lives. This is a part-time role (four full days per week) with some flexibility around the days worked.
Please include your portfolio or a link to it in your application form.
We anticipate that first round interviews will take place w/c 26 November 2018 and will include a short presentation of a pre-prepared task. Second round interviews are anticipated to take place within a week of this date
Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Level 2 employer committed to the employment and career development of people with disabilities. We guarantee to interview any candidate with a disability whose application meets the minimum essential criteria for the post.
We anticipate that first round interviews will take place w/c 10 December and will include a short presentation of a pre-prepared task. Second round interviews are anticipated to take place within a week of this date – please note that these dates are a change to those originally advertised.