Print, Digital & Video Designer: Job Description
Crunch Communications Limited
Established in 2008 Crunch is the motorsports sponsorship activation agency that creates and delivers programs that communicate brand messages more effectively – we aim to extract more value from existing sponsorships for our clients.
Delivering the bread and butter basics as standard, we also push clients into new, more exciting territories. Crunch staff bring together a wealth of experience across sport and specifically within PR and sponsorship activation and bring bright, new, energetic ideas to a buzzing office. The successful candidate will bring their own blend of big brand design experience to this mix. The company’s HQ is in Southwest London. For more information, visit www.crunchcommunications.co.uk
A capable and confident operator with a good knowledge of big brand design applied across a variety of mediums – adaptability, with a broad range of design skills is key. As part of a team delivering globally, a willingness to be involved in every element of the work is essential as is the ability to hit deadlines.
You will take on the responsibility for building the design elements within Crunch, predominantly working on major global sports sponsorship programmes on behalf of some of the biggest brands in the world, the candidate will be responsible for quality controlling and managing all aspects of the design.
This role requires world-class delivery – attention to detail and precision are essential for this role that will work across two distinct areas:
1. Client Projects: working closely with our client account teams, the challenge will be to create marketing materials for digital, print and social media channels which allow exciting sponsorship partnerships to stand out in the eyes of customers and consumers as well as within the sports.
2. Marketing / Business Development – Working closely with Crunch senior leadership and new business teams you will create attention grabbing solutions to support the pitch process for new and existing client. As well as this eye-catching content, will be required to take ownership of the Crunch website, credentials, and other marketing collateral
• An exceptional designer, with strong experience working with a cross section of design programmes – especially Adobe Creative Suite including indesign, photoshop and illustrator.
• Confident and knowledgeable in both digital and print design with a strong portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of digital and responsive design
• A creative thinker who can produce innovative ideas, with experience in working on digital assets/campaigns, including: pitch creation, marketing materials and web design
• Ability to think quickly on your feet and solve design challenges to tight deadlines, while being creative and a keen eye for detail is necessary to ensure all work is visually appealing
• Enjoy working collaboratively as well as individually and able to engage with the team on a conceptual level, brainstorming, sketching and verbalizing ideas
• Able to work to brand guidelines, and be eager and passionate about producing high-end design
• Innovate pitch solutions, from conceptualisation through to final delivery within often very tight timelines
• Often working within set brand guidelines, create innovative marketing materials to support client activations online as well as in the real world
• Working collaboratively with client teams, develop engaging social media solutions
• Management and updating of both Crunch and client websites and portals
• Update and development of the Crunch brand’s VI and brand book.
Skills and Experience required:
• Strong, creative design skills working within (although not limited to) the Adobe environment
• An eagerness to know about emerging trends and innovative technologies
• Awareness of design trends and best practices across digital platforms
• Ability to articulate and present thoughts and creative ideas
• An understanding of typography, colours & usability
• Experience working from wireframes and transforming them into beautiful visuals
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and a fast-paced business
• Ambitious and enthusiastic team player, who’s keen to work in a collaborative environment
• A collaborative approach and a positive attitude to feedback
• Thorough attention to detail in design, layouts, copy and usability
• Working knowledge and understanding of HTML and CSS
• Experience with Adobe creative suite with a heavy reliance on InDesign and photoshop.
• Working knowledge and understanding of HTML and CSS
• Video editing skills
• Experience in marketing design
What does it take to work at Crunch?
• Our business is communication, whether it’s in meetings, online, at events… You will have excellent communication skills and a good grasp of the English language, particularly written.
• You will understand the pressure faced by clients and always have the correct attitude to deal with any situation your team has to handle, however stressful
• Crunch’s programmes work because we can walk in the clients’ shoes. Developing a good understanding of a client’s market place and the issues they face is essential
• Take the initiative
• It should go without saying that you will be highly organised, diligent with excellent attention to detail, but let’s say it anyway
• As you grow so does Crunch in the eyes of the clients, we want you to develop your skills and acquire new ones that will benefit both you and the company – we’ll help you to get there and reward you when you do
• PR, events and sport is about more than just the exciting bits – you should revel in hard work and be conscientious with a positive attitude that will make the all-important client relationship all the more successful
Why should you come to work at Crunch…?
• A Great benefit schemes
• 28 days holiday including bank holidays per year
• An industry-competitive salary is available … for the right person
• As well as a pool table and well-stocked bar in the office!
If you are interested in joining us then please send your CV along with portfolio (or link to your portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org