Well known, reputable business media publication is looking for a Senior Designer to work within their events team.
The Senior Designer will work alongside the Head of Design and four junior to mid-weight designers to ensure the team’s work is delivered at the highest standard, on time and adhering to the brand guidelines.
Mentoring the more junior designers: advising and guiding them on conceptual development, artworking, technical delivery and troubleshooting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop creative initiatives and beautiful design concepts for digital and in-person events, that meet the organisations business objectives and advance their brand strategy
- Work with the Head of Design to manage and develop an efficient workflow of project specific deliverables through the event life cycle. Deliverables include:
- Websites, HTML emails, video and animation assets, printed and electronic brochures and invitations, physical stage set and at-event banners, social media graphics, web banners, print and digital advertisements
- Deliver work to strict deadlines, while ensuring the quality of the studio’s output remains high
- Set and then successfully manage the expectations of key stakeholders of all levels of seniority, on design, budget and timelines
- Brief, liaise and negotiate with third party suppliers
- Assist the Head of Design to develop the visual brand, to document it, and to communicate it confidently to stakeholders
- Work seamlessly with other departments within the organisation (such as their marketing, operations, content and commercial teams) to prepare their events, promote them, and ensure they run smoothly.
Key skills & experience
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the following:
- Substantial previous design experience (within an events environment being an advantage)
- A portfolio of exceptional design work, primarily executed in Adobe Creative Cloud applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Acrobat
- A recognised design qualification
- A track record demonstrating strong organisational and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of print production, website/app creation platforms, image manipulation and video production
- Strong typographical skills
- Ability to work in the Mac OSX operating system, in the Google Workspace and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- A confident communication style, comfortable presenting ideas to groups of people and senior individuals
Desirable skills and experience
Knowledge of following would be advantageous:
- ‘Digital-first’/UX design packages such as Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Asana or other similar project management software
- Animation and video editing packages