Junior Graphic Designer:
(contract duration: 3 months with potential to become permanent / start date: ASAP)
Who we are
Curio is a subscription based app where you can hear great journalism. Currently we offer curated, professionally narrated articles from publications like The Financial Times, The Guardian, Washington post, Bloomberg, Business of fashion and Aeon, so people can listen anytime, anywhere. We are building Curio for people who want to live curiously, because we passionately believe that inspired people change the world.
Curio is a VC funded startup that has been growing rapidly and consistently. We are backed by some of the best tech and media investors in the world, and have the founding team required to build the media platform of tomorrow.
Time is at a premium for people and audio is a medium that fits around people’s lives rather than the other way around. Moreover, with the arrival of smart audio devices, the world is perfectly poised to accept audio as a mainstream source of information and entertainment. While radio and podcasts have been around for ages, the true potential of audio and the sonic internet is yet to be realised.
We are revolutionising what people listen to as well as the way they listen to it, and are looking for some ambitious, curious, creative, talented, and empathetic people to help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer who displays creative flair, originality and has a strong passion for visual communication. The ideal candidate should be organised and conscientious, eager to learn and capable of presenting ideas with confidence.
Candidates should have and be able to demonstrate:
• A degree or equivalent in graphic design including layout experience
• Previous experience as a junior graphic designer, or as an intern at a branding agency or design studio
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in designing presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint / Keynote
• Experience producing photography, moving images and illustrations
• Experience with Premier Pro, After effects
• Good understanding of typography, image, colour and layout
• Some experience with Sketch & Zeplin
• An ability to work under your own initiative and under pressure with minimum supervision
What we offer:
• A strong team to learn from and work with
• Customer facing product backed by top investors
• An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
• A solid brand foundation to impress your stamp upon
• Private and spacious Central London office, close to Exmouth Market
Apply by submitting your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, where it shows how you approached and executed the task.