Working Pattern: 4 day working week, hybrid – 3 days in the office, 1 day working remotely
(Every Friday – nonworking day as standard)
Our client is a fast-moving, fast-thinking, and vibrant London-based events company. They have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking events and are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
A highly creative, multifunctional role within the in-house Creative Team, the Senior Graphic Designer will work alongside fellow creatives, conceptualising, designing and delivering a wide array of products from event concept to brand campaigns, signage to large-scale installations, digital marketing collaterals to printed items, fitting with the brands’ ethos and marketing agenda. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a deep knowledge of the craft of graphic design on both the
technical and conceptual aspects. Being required to put forward ideas, mentor junior member of the team, see concepts from creation to completion, work with tight budgets and deal well with the pressure of deadlines. They will have be able to demonstrate both commercial awareness and a highly creative approach in conceiving, developing and producing event experience and design concepts.
Work closely with the other members of the team on creating event concepts, brand campaigns, signage, large-scale installations and visual languages on a regular basis.
Assist on the production of certain projects.
Take ownership of assigned projects.
Liaise with the Event Managers / Marketing Managers to understand the business aims and targets of each design project briefed across our brands.
Keep up to date with trends and innovating concepts in design and event experience.
Key Skills, Attributes & Abilities
- Capacity to Art direct a project from inception to delivery.
- Genuine out-of-the-box creativity.
- Capacity to convey attitude and fun in design.
- Expert with Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Knowledge of large-scale installation production/best materials.
- 3D design is a plus (SketchUp and Vray preferably).
- Attention to detail and deadlines is essential.
- Self Starter and be able to learn quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Excellent time management.
- Be proactive, ambitious, and unafraid to take initiative.
- Be a problem-solver and able to react quickly to events.
- Breadth of thinking across multiple channels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the company.
- Great approach when mentoring or providing feedback to junior designers.
- Willing and available to travel if required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 5 years experience working within a fast-paced creative agency, in-house team or freelancing.
- Proven track record in delivering genuine ground breaking and original campaigns both in digital and print.
- Experience with event design, environmental design is essential.
- Minimum 2 year experience in mentoring junior designers.
- Comfortable with writing strategies and analysing the best creative approach to business challenges.
- Resilient and versatile, the ideal candidate will always find the perfect balance between cost and impact.