ON (www.madebyon.com) is a fast-moving, design-minded technology partner — building compelling and high-impact digital experiences and software platforms. We work with forward-thinking companies that value design and user experience.
We’re not your typical agency, and place a heavy emphasis on bespoke, best-fit solutions that are tailored to the full stack challenges that we are solving — with technical rigour behind our delivery, and a focus on the right tools for the right job.
As a rapidly growing business, we’re looking for a motivated and organised designer to join our multidisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists and researchers; and work closely with our development teams to ensure that delivery standards are high.
Our work spans a wide range of sectors, including MedTech, FinTech, Creative, Venture, FoodTech; with an increasing focus on sustainability through our work with charities, ClimateTech, and AgTech companies.
If that sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to chat.
About the role
We sit at the intersection of design and technology and value designers with a keen eye for detail, and a good mix of technical, commercial and UX knowledge. Under the supervision of the senior design team members you will work across multiple projects, both for clients and in-house initiatives. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in UX and UI design as well as graphic design for communications.
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Remote / hybrid friendly
- You’ll be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists and researchers to deliver digital projects for clients and ON’s own initiatives
- It never gets boring – client projects vary greatly in scope and challenge, and you can expect to rotate between projects roughly once a month
- Design and execution of website designs, user interface designs, social media assets and branding designs
- Adhere to clients’ brand guidelines and industry compliance in ways that still push creative boundaries
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organisation of graphic files
- Work closely with senior designers to understand project scope and objectives
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design trends and techniques
We are looking for someone who is motivated, communicative, and detail oriented. The kind of person who loves to problem solve and automate common everyday tasks.
- 2+ years proven industry experience agency/studio side
- Proficiency in Figma (or similar) & Adobe
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles
- Experience using Adobe After Effects, would be a bonus
- Proven user journey / wire-framing / UX skills
- Previous experience using Jira or similar project management software
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Confident, presentable and articulate and able to present clearly to colleagues and clients
- Manage time effectively
- Collaborative worker
As part of a fast-growing team, we expect a lot from our people, but also make sure that you have the support you need to deliver and to grow – both personally and professionally. As well as working with a dynamic, diverse and multidisciplinary team, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the company bonus scheme
- 24 days paid holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Health insurance (UK based team)
- We’ll provide the latest Apple laptop and an external monitor along with any equipment you need to be comfortable working from home
- Work from home allowance, we’ll contribute to your internet
- Funding and resources to continue professional development
- Additional benefits with each year of service
How to apply
Please apply via the email address provided with the subject line “Midweight Designer”, or via our website. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your portfolio.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
We are committed in our journey to eliminating discrimination, encouraging and valuing diversity amongst our workforce. We welcome enquiries from everyone.