Who are we?
We are a behavioural communications agency.
Now truth be told a behavioural communications agency is a thing that we’ve made up. But we’re a group of behavioural scientists, journalists, comms experts, designers, and trainers who combine our skills together to inspire people into action.
Sometimes we do that with communications campaigns, sometimes we do it with big learning and development projects, sometimes it’s via content marketing, and sometimes through nationwide government campaigns to make people’s lives safer, better, or easier.
Mostly it’s in the digital world but we do sometimes dip a toe into print as well.
For you, this is a chance for you to join an agency that hugely values great ideas, collaboration and resourcefulness and people who want to get stuck in.
About the role:
As a Senior Designer at SBC, you are experienced in communications with fantastic design skills, good ideas and perfectly crafted executions. You have great people skills and your confidence allows you to comfortably present your work to senior managers and clients. Being a logical thinker with a strong ability to structure your presentations and articulate your solutions, you are able to tackle complex projects. Working with people with similar mind-sets and shared objectives means you are prepared to get your hands dirty and make things happen.
- Work directly with the Creative director, ability to follow design direction but also understanding and translating briefs from clients or the account team
- Present work in an inspiring way. Especially when a project is a new business pitch or campaign launch.
- Work within budgets allocated and be proactive in ensuring that realistic fee proposals are agreed with clients
- Good connectivity and ability for remote working
- Be innovative and approach work with a sense of curiosity and imagination to deliver fresh design solutions to clients
- Challenge your work and that of others, providing inspiration and visualizing new creative solutions
- A great awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms
- Be open with design solutions, welcoming all ideas from others and always offering more than one solution
- At briefing stage; demonstrate creative/design direction, interpret and challenge briefs and execute and deliver first class design on client projects
- Design marketing collateral like brochures, infographics, presentations etc
- Design digital collateral such as gifs, web and social media images and email newsletters
- Design for e-learning
- Design presentations for proposals
- Creating illustrative icons and working with storyboards
- Working on photo manipulation
- Working on multiple projects per week
- Take quality notes, document work, read and understand briefs
- Participate in client workshops and discussions, presenting your ideas with visuals to bring concepts to life, confidently answering questions around your work
- Strive to add value, appreciating that going the extra mile counts and teaching this to the wider team
- Understanding of the client revision process and working through revisions diligently.
- Helping with creative idea generation
- Design images for our social media
- Produce company related stationery
- Update and maintain brand consistency throughout
- Maintain the look and feel of the website
- Offer new ideas and concepts clearly and effectively
- Support the content and account team with creative content
- Timesheet keeping
- Working on brand guideline documents
- Working with typography creating blog images
- Extensive experience in professional design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
- The ability to work simultaneously on different projects based on current client workload
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience working with WordPress templates
- Ability to create visuals for many different formats, from posters, brochures, presentation to e-learning assets, infographics and more.
- Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Adobe package: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Office, working with Word and PowerPoint
- Salary TBC (subj. to experience).
- Training and development – we invest in teaching all our people how to use a behavioural insights-driven approach, so you will have access to both internal and external training in behavioural science, and we will encourage you to keep evolving and growing your knowledge in this field.
- We are reviewing our benefits package and currently discussing the possibility of introducing an employee share scheme in 2022.
- Flexible working hours and flexibility to work from home or the WeWork office of your choice or a combination of both.
- 25 days holidays plus 8 public holidays and the office closes for a week at Christmas.
- A very positive and supportive team culture!
Sound like you?
If it does, apply in writing with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Designer’ in the subject line.
- Closing date for applications: 20 January
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Thank you for taking the time to apply to SBC. We receive a lot of applications so unfortunately we will be unable to provide specific feedback if we do not take you to the next stage. We will contact successful applicants within a week of the closing date.