Impetus office (currently based in Charing Cross, Central London)
About this role
We’re looking for a creative thinker to join our Communications team to produce high-quality content that tells our story and that of our charity partners and coalitions, and to engage our audiences.
You will work closely with our Heads of Communications, our Senior Communications Manager and the wider Public Affairs team to deliver our communications objectives, amplify our message and mission and extend the reach and engagement of our work.
You will also have the opportunity to work across the organisation with the Philanthropy, Policy and Investment teams by producing compelling content that resonates with their audiences, to build our brand and increase our influence, impact and income.
Day-to-day you might be working on an eye-catching way of presenting data for a policy report, designing collateral to support our series of fundraising events, or developing new ways of presenting our work on social media.
We are particularly looking for someone who can work with us to keep on top of emerging digital trends and explore innovative ways to engage online audiences. You’ll know your way around social media platforms including Twitter/X and LinkedIn, and tools like and Hootsuite and Google Analytics.
This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing organisation. We’ll give you creative freedom within a clear brand framework. And your work will have a tangible impact on tackling the barriers that hold back young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
About the team
The Communications team at Impetus is a small, friendly, creative team that punches above its weight.
Sitting alongside our brilliant Policy colleagues within the wider Public Affairs team we are passionate about communicating Impetus’ work with clarity, in a way that resonates with our audiences, and increases our influence and impact.
Aspiring to be a ‘digital first’ organisation, we spend time keeping up with digital communications trends to improve our efficiency and help us produce and optimise engaging, cutting-edge content.
- Working with the Communications team to maintain and grow our external profile across all our audiences through multiple channels
- Creating and designing high-quality, engaging graphics for our priority audiences including pitch decks, reports, event materials and internal communications products
- Designing and delivering creative digital content and assisting with the day-to-day management of our social media channels
- Planning, filming and editing engaging video content for internal and external audiences
- Monitoring and optimising our website and digital channels, ensuring our content is consistently high-quality, well structured, on brand and performing at its best
- Maintaining brand consistency across our products and organisation, as we move to a more distributed model of content creation
- Supporting our Policy, Philanthropy, Investment and Events teams, to understand their needs and work with them to produce compelling content that speaks to their audiences
- Seeking and applying insight from our stakeholders, advisers and from external trends to develop new content ideas
- Working directly with our charity partners and Investment team to gather their insights and stories.
- Proven professional experience in visual design and content creation with a portfolio of high-quality creative outputs, including reports and briefings, presentations and social media content
- Proficient in using design packages such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, PowerPoint and PDF Editor
- Experience of using social media platforms including Twitter/X and LinkedIn and tools like Hootsuite and Google Analytics, and an understanding of how to grow following and engagement on social media
- An interest in emerging trends in effective communications, storytelling and engagement, especially digital innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communications, with an eye for detail
- A passion for storytelling
- Ability to manage complex workflows and deliver high-quality outputs on time and to agreed standards
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A pro-active approach and ability to use initiative
- A collaborative style, able to build great working relationships across an organisation and with partners, working as part of a team
- A commitment to Impetus’ mission
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Experience / knowledge of website management and CMS
- Experience of commissioning content and working in close collaboration with agencies and/or freelancers.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more open, creative and gets better results.
We want our team at Impetus to represent the diversity of the people and communities we serve. We also want our team to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued, and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop.
We want to reach a diverse pool of candidates. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need in order to be successful.
We recognise the importance of a good work/life balance. We do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including working from home, working part-time, job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
Impetus is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or marital status. We value diversity and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
How to apply
Please click the ‘JOB APPLICATION LINK’ below to apply.
You will need to:
- Complete the online form (including the equal opportunities monitoring form)
- Upload a comprehensive CV and supporting statement. including 2-3 examples of, or links to your own creative work.
The supporting statement should be no more than two sides of A4 and should address the criteria in the person specification.
You should also include the contact details of two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. Referees will only be approached with your express permission.
As part of our commitment to flexible working we will consider a range of options for the successful applicant. All options can be discussed at interview stage.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 25 February 11.59pm.
First round interviews will take place: w/c 4 March
Second round interviews will take place: w/c 11 March
You will also be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
Your personal data will be shared for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes our HR team, interviewers (who may include other partners in the project and independent advisors), relevant team managers and our IT service provider if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles.
We do not share your data with other third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you. We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.