Become a leading member of an ambitious and dynamic team
Position: Graphic Designer
Companies: Edge of Arabia / CULTURUNNERS
Closing date: 23 February 2024
Location: Office based, Mayfair, London
Start date: Immediate
Edge of Arabia and CULTURUNNERS are sister companies delivering artist-centered advisory and production for global public and private sector clients with a focus on Saudi Arabia. Founded by artists who believe in the power of culture to transform communities, societies and systems, our reputation is built on 20 years of experience at the highest level of the international art world. Both companies are currently undergoing rapid growth, largely in response to Saudi Arabia’s expanding cultural sector, and will focus in the coming years on three core pillars:
- Artists Collective: connecting a global network of artistic talent to new opportunity
- Arts Intelligence: artist-centred strategy, concept development and ideation
- Arts Production: curation and production of cultural events and products
We are now searching for a highly motivated In-House Graphic Designer to work alongside its Directors and to be responsible for design assets for both companies, to assist in re-launching the company brands, and to work with clients, subcontractors and partners on all design initiatives. You will be working with major international partners as well as some of the world’s leading artists. With a strong sensitivity to cultural trends, art world, language (Arabic / English), cultural diplomacy and sustainability, promoting the work of the group across all media with an emphasis on Digital and Social.
In addition, you must be a strong communicator, a trouble-shooter, a good manager of people and be able to relate well to stakeholders within the international and Saudi art world. The role requires commitment, flexibility, attention to detail and a demonstrable passion for art, history of art, art production and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing 2D creative assets and presentations for internal and external stakeholders and respond to RFPs with strong brand focused proposals, ensuring accuracy and precise attention to detail
- Design engaging digital creative across multiple channels, including but not limited to areas such as social media, video and websites
- Ensure brand guidelines are adhered to in all executions; Act as brand guardian, championing consistency and improving understanding of the brand across all group companies
- Accountable for producing all 2D creative assets, and responding to RFPs with strong brand focused proposals, ensuring accuracy and precise attention to detail
- Design and set up print-ready plate artwork to be used in all our stores and concessions globally
- Function as an integral part of an agile design team by assisting CEO and Directors in creating brand assets to be used in projects briefs
- Ensure all design requests are provided in time of release and project deadlines
- Creative innovative, on-brand visual solutions to design problems
- Manage external relationships with freelancers, printers, contractors, designers, installers, agencies etc.
- Manage own workload and workflow, prioritising design tasks appropriately
- Be positive, flexible and extremely well organised, have the skills and personality to thrive in a rapid environment and meet challenging deadlines. Must be able to respond quickly and efficiently to changing priorities
- BA Hons in Graphic Design a must
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience as in-house designer or within a design agency, ideally in the creative or culture industries
- An interest in culture, media and the arts is a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire our digital look and feel
- Must have excellent fluency in both Arabic and English (spoken, written and reading)
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite with high proficiency for Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator, as well as Powerpoint and G-suite
- Must have excellent organisational skills
- Must have an excellent understanding of layout and typography, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work closely within brand guidelines
- Must be a fast-learner
- Broad knowledge of various printing processes & techniques and experience creating print-ready artwork
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy environment, with short turnaround times
- Must have excellent time management skills while being an excellent multi-tasker
- Must be a team player and have a can-do attitude
- Must have strong communication skills able to share ideas with stakeholders
- A creative mind who can successfully interpret a commercial brief
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating all of the above
This position requires employees to work some weekends, holidays, and evenings. Weekly hours may vary based on programming needs. The role may require travel between Saudi Arabia and the UK as well as internationally.
The post will be based at Edge of Arabia’s new international office in Mayfair, London with opportunities to spend time in Saudi Arabia.
This position is slated to begin on an immediate basis.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your CV along with a cover letter to HR@edgeofarabia.com.
Edge of Arabia is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.