ABOUT THE ROLE
Our ideal candidate is a multifaceted individual. You should be a big thinker who fully understands what it takes to develop great creative. We expect an excellent standard of execution from any experienced graphic designer joining our team. As a Senior Designer, you look forward to working closely with multiple disciplines across the firm such as Strategy, Creative, Account and Marketing. You are fluent in ‘brand’ and comfortable with ‘strategy’ conversations. As such, you rise to the challenge of translating brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts.
In addition, we are in search of an ideas person, an experimenter, someone who likes to develop concepts and tackle tricky problems. As a part of your concepting process, you are willing to challenge yourself and others, and bring unexpected connections to the table that inspire new ideas and ways of thinking.
Studio culture is critical to us. You are a creative who is a proactive self-starter, articulate, pragmatic and reliable. Someone who is happy to challenge our thinking and motivated to positively impact our studio environment and design community.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Work in partnership with project and account teams to understand and manage client needs
- Contribute to design projects from conception thru delivery, including the design of brand guidelines and activation materials
- Produce outstanding design solutions across multiple touchpoints e.g. for comprehensive brand launches and/or brand campaigns
- Help to training and reviewing work of junior designers to give guidance and feedback
- Work with vendors and outside specialty resources
- Contribute to a lively office culture that encourages you to take an active role, experiment and grow
- Interface credibly and effectively with clients for presentations and project management
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
WHAT YOU BRING
- 4+ years of proven experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Design or similar role
- Portfolio of completed, brand design projects in response to client RFPs
- Advanced skills in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint and Figma
- Nice to have skills in XD, After Effects, InVision, Midjourney and Google Suite
- BFA in Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent experience
- A deep understanding of typography, design elements and principles, and best practices across print and digital
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including solid verbal and written presentation skills
- Basic understanding of UX and UI design
- Strong, reasoned, creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to visual details while maintaining big picture overview of deliverables
- Successfully manages time, process, and workflow in collaboration with a team
- Understanding of print processes and creative production
Location: New York, New York
Salary range: 100,000 – 120,000 USD
Prophet is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment, promotion, and evaluation decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.