Looking to use your powers for good? Join Mission Zero Technologies to help fight the climate crisis on the molecular frontline.
About Mission Zero Technologies
We’re a London-based climate tech startup working to reinvent carbon for a thriving planet. Since 2020, we have rapidly pioneered the world’s most versatile direct air capture technology to recover historic CO₂ emissions from the atmosphere, anywhere at any scale. Backed by Breakthrough Energy Ventures, the XPRIZE foundation, Stripe, and the UK Government, we’ve moved a brand new climate technology from lab to commercial plants in under three years to rapidly empower carbon removal and sustainable utilisation.
We’re now looking for an exceptional Brand Designer to establish and amplify our young brand — communicating the imagination and excitement of our mission as we start to put our technology on the ground across the world.
About the role
As Brand Designer, you will own the internal and external expression of Mission Zero’s visual brand, acting as guardian, creative director, and production lead for company-wide brand marketing material. If you enjoy masterminding and evolving brand identity across every possible touchpoint — digital or physical — you’ll thrive in this role.
Reporting to the Marketing and Brand Lead, key partners will include the Content Marketing Manager and creative agency partners. You will also collaborate closely with key stakeholders across the company — spanning Product, Sales, and People teams through to company leadership — to deliver consistent, impactful brand experiences.
What you’ll be doing
- Own, champion, and evolve our brand guidelines and design systems, creating a consistent design language across marketing, sales, and product collateral
- Establish and lead the creative direction for multi-platform, multi-channel brand initiatives that advance the brand and marketing strategy — from concept through to execution
- Work cross-functionally to produce diverse brand outputs, spanning digital (e.g. website, video, newsletters, data visualisation, presentations, product renderings, brochures, social media) and physical (our products, print, site banners, signage, merch).
- Proactively research and pitch new channels, ideas, and design trends, staying on top of our competitive landscape
- Architect effective cross-functional process to empower creative delivery and brand consistency — including templates, approvals, gates, and guidelines
- Develop and manage relationships with design freelancers and creative agency partners
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in design and digital marketing
- Help to co-develop and refine creative, content, and brand marketing roadmaps
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- 4+ years of experience in creative, experiential, or brand design (B2B ideal — agency or in-house)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- Proficient with Adobe CC and Figma, with experience in interaction design/animation, motion graphics, and video
- Excellent grasp of web design best practices (UX, performance, accessibility, SEO)
- Storyboarding, art direction, and developed storytelling skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills — able to inspire high design confidence, communicate the thinking behind the work, and show self-assurance with your storytelling
- Able to present concepts in a clear and engaging way — drawing out essential meaning and bringing lightness to dense technical information
- Detail-oriented — setting and maintaining quality standards across the company
- A results-driven self-starter who thrives on extreme ownership — from leading conceptual strategies through to execution and optimisation
- Developed project management, time management, and organisation skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- Genuine passion to drive tangible climate action
- Excitement at the challenge of bringing a real-world, physical technology to life
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working in Webflow or a similar no-code web design platform (with some understanding of CSS and web development)
- Good understanding of the sustainability, ESG, or climate tech space
- Experience working with 3D design modelling/rendering – or interest to learn
- Hardware/physical product branding experience
What can we offer you?
- 30 days of Annual Leave (AL)
- 3 months Paternity/Maternity Leave
- £500 annual Personal Development Grant
- Unlimited mental health support
- Employee Share Options Scheme
- Christmas holidays office closure
- Employer-matched contributions to global re-wilding programme
- Opportunities to directly impact where our company is headed
- A rich and dynamic variety of work and creative problem solving
- A high-growth, high-trust environment that rewards bold creativity
At Mission Zero, we value diversity of cultural backgrounds, experience, and perspectives, and leverage these qualities to create exceptional outcomes. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, sex, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis as protected by applicable law. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation.
Our hiring process
Kindly allow us a week to review your application. Providing both of our schedules align, the total hiring process should take 3-4 weeks total to wrap up.
- Submit your application alongside completing Plum’s cultural fit test (15 minutes)
- Application review
- HR screening interview
- Interview with Brand and Marketing Lead
- Short case assignment (2 hours max.)
- Final interview