NYC + Remote
The Social Art Director will work independently while also managing others to deliver across multiple touch points in visual deliverables for social media. They will be proactive and obsessed with taking on challenges and providing a fresh perspective in the direction itself.
- Create and collaborate with the team to develop social first on-brand and compelling assets that fulfill the marketing experience objectives and support brand positioning, especially in the video realm across organic and paid social
- Work with and manage the team, while utilizing own skills + creativity to help create thoughtful, trend forward visual results.
- Develop visual standards/codes (including art direction, tone and manner, graphics, typography, video, curated UGC, commissioned and organic content).
- Partnering closely with Senior Art Director, Marketing and Business teams to develop social concepts for robust 360 customer experiences.
- CREATIVE + INDEPENDENT THINKING
- Overseeing, developing and editing video marketing materials for seasonal product launches, promotions, collaborations and partnerships (Organic social, Paid social, Digital, Ecommerce for Domestic and International)
- Expand and refine visual experience of the brand while maintaining the core identity in video content across organic and paid social
- Be passionate and proficient in all things social and ahead of the curve in terms of social ideation.
- TEAM WORK + LEADERSHIP + STRATEGY
- Lead and present weekly digital marketing creative assets to cross functional teams
- Work closely with cross-functional channel leads to vet and digest design briefs to execute in a timely fashion with the team
- Understand that creative and affect one another: working with cross-functional partners, take monthly analytical data collected from marketing to consider and apply in future projects
- Mentor editors and content creators: oversee and provide feedback on their work, share experiences and provide resources to coach their development and help achieve their career goals
- LEARNING + STRUCTURE
- Working with the cross functional partners and Senior Creative Director on 360 marketing objectives, decks and presentations: especially within the video + social spheres
- Create and establish efficient workflows with the team for efficiency and effectiveness
- Be up to date with current trends and collect inspiration to share with the broader alice + olivia team
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Be an engaged contributor to a very creative, fast-paced work culture with an ability to work under tight deadlines
- Previous styling experience is a plus
- Highly organized, adept multitasker who can shift from task to task
- Foster an open environment that supports ideas and the brand.
- Communicative and collaborative team player: Comfortable with consistent collaboration across departments and implementing feedback
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experienced in managing projects (self and team led)
- Knowledge of digital platforms – particularly Meta and Tiktok (paid social, ecommerce, organic social)
- Well-versed utilization of Adobe Programs (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Video editing knowledge is preferred
- 5 – 8 years direct design experience preferably within the fashion, beauty, luxury or ad agency space
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Graphic Design, Design, Fine arts or similar degree)
- $125,000 – $150,000 base salary (This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NYC – based position. The base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other AO employees.)
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Generous employee discount
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, the job responsibilities may change at any time as necessitated by business demands.