Frieze is the world’s leading platform for modern and contemporary art, dedicated to artists, galleries, collectors and art lovers alike. Frieze comprises three magazines – frieze, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week – and five international art fairs – Frieze London, Frieze Masters, Frieze New York, Frieze Los Angeles and Frieze Seoul. In October 2021, Frieze also launched No.9 Cork Street, a permanent space for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG network.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
Frieze are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to design marketing campaign assets across all Frieze products and events, including print and digital formats (static and animated); and lead on complex signage and onsite branding solutions across 5 fairs a year (and any additional events) – including managing internal and external stakeholders, designing, creating and maintaining guidelines and coordinating assets design and onsite installation across the Design team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and be the main point of contact on the planning, production and installation of signage across 5 Frieze fairs a year, managing internal stakeholders, liaising with Marketing and Production teams on signage requirements and production schedules , designing assets and presentations for internal and external stakeholders, creating and maintaining guidelines and coordinating workload and tasks across the in-house Design team as required (including travel to oversees fairs)
- Act as Frieze’s brand guardian, championing consistency and improving understanding of the Frieze brand, particularly across all Frieze-related digital output.
- Design engaging digital creative across multiple channels, including but not limited to areas such as digital display banners (including HTML5), social media, video and frieze.com.
- Collaborate with UX and Development colleagues to support and improve Frieze’s digital experience across Frieze Viewing Room, frieze.com and the Frieze app.
- Create engaging animations using campaign assets and editorial content to promote our activity.
- Respond directly to briefs from a wide range of Frieze stakeholders and colleagues, working closely and collaboratively with them to come up with creative solutions to their design requirements.
- Design assets for print, such as advertisements, fair brand and signage graphics, fair maps and magazines.
- Manage external relationships with freelancers, printers, contractors, designers, installers, agencies et
- Manage own workload and workflow, prioritising design tasks appropriately
Please Note e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc
- Possible travel abroad to the fairs and working weekends before and during the fairs.
You Will Have The Following Strengths:
- An interest in culture, media and the arts is a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire our digital look and feel.
- You’ll have already have proven experience within a digital design role, whether in an agency, retail or cultural environment.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects.
- With a can-do approach, be able to work with other teams and designers on projects, as well as being happy to take on a variety of briefs and support the junior designer when needed.
- You’ll be used to collaborating with not only UX and Development teams, but wider creative and cross-functional departments.
- Knowledge of print production is desirable.
- Attention to detail
- Clear communicator
- Great at establishing good relationships and confident liaising with other departments and third parties
- Team player
Our Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Frieze unites people in our love of the arts. We understand this can only be accomplished when we harness the entirety of our company and lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do.
As a global company that drives culture, we are committed to practicing anti-discrimination including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability, together with artists, writers, and cultural practitioners from all backgrounds. There is still much work to be done to address systemic inequality and discrimination within the arts and culture industry, and we are dedicated to making progress to both within our own organization and the art world at large.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.