When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never — and we’ve built Feather to change that.
We’re changing the industry and need a Brand / Marketing Designer to help us build a product that our users love, and which best serves their needs.
*This is a remote position within the European Union – most of the team is in Berlin. We can help you relocate if needed.*
Why apply to Feather?
- We’re at a sweet spot of growth. We’re growing fast and we have the talent and resources needed to support this growth, yet we’re also still a small team (~20 people), meaning that your work will have a direct impact on our users, product, and company.
- You’ll have the freedom to experiment. We’re solving a real problem in the industry, but there are thousands of delightful ways to do it, which is why we do hack days / hack weeks where you can experiment with new ideas and ways of working.
- We’re lean. We only create processes when they’re helpful and use the tools that allow us enjoy the work. It’s highly collaborative (Figma, Notion, Linear, Slack) and there’s no JIRA 😉
What will you be doing?
- Produce marketing material to grow the Feather brand – social media posts, emails, advertising banners.
- Design engaging landing pages, and collaborate with our copywriter and marketing team to achieve concise and clear messaging.
- Understand our users, brand, and competitive landscape and use that knowledge to hone our message and inform design decisions.
- Grow our brand guidelines to achieve a high-quality, compelling, and strategic output across the whole team.
- Conduct user research (brand perception and usability studies).
What you bring
- 3+ years experience in brand / marketing design.
- A portfolio that reflects a deep understanding of visual design – especially composition, color, typography and visual hierarchy.
- Intuitive understanding of the design landscape of modern SAAS products like Spotify, Slack, Figma, Airtable, etc.
- Experience with graphic design is a bonus.
- Rebranding experience is also a bonus.
What will the interview process look like?
- Initial phone call – We’ll have a chat over Google Meet and ask you a few questions about your design experience.
- Take-home task – We’ll give you a task to work on, which will give you an idea of the type of projects you’d take on at Feather.
- Reviewing the task – We ask you questions about your design decisions.
- Chat with the founders – You’ll be speaking to one of our founders (either Rob or Vincent).
- Offer 🎉
Does this sound like you? Reach out to us!
- At Feather, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- We also encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.