Cultureshock is the arts and culture content agency, with 20 years’ experience of working with cultural institutions, global brands, corporate companies and their partners. We use our in-depth knowledge of the arts and culture sector to design and create content that attracts, engages and retains audiences for cultural brands.
Our team of arts and culture specialists create and distribute content – whether it’s magazines, books, websites or films – that is commercially viable, of the highest editorial standard, immediately credible, creative, fresh and bold.
We have over 25 creative and publishing specialists in our London office, as well as representatives in LA and New York, who have worked with many of the worlds’ leading brands.
You will be a positive hub of ideas and creative solutions. Able to lead a busy design studio across a range of projects including creative pitches, magazine layout, covers, photography, books, websites and branding.
We are looking for a designer who is calm under pressure, with a passion for culture to join our expert creative team. We want someone with significant print layout experience who has a background in magazine publishing and ideally also in multi-platform design.
Your tasks will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Managing design studio
- Managing additional external / freelance support when required
- Producing compelling ideas for covers and magazine spreads
- Working closely with the production editor and editor on the project schedule
- Pitching creative ideas and providing inspiration to senior editors, coming up with alternative ideas where appropriate
• Designing and laying out pages to tight deadlines
You will be:
- A talented and creative designer
- A people-person with great leadership skills
- A manager who can work out how to achieve the best from their team
- An excellent problem-solver; no challenge is too great for you
- Motivated and hard-working with a positive attitude
- An eye for detail yet always able to see the bigger picture
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- An emphasis on quality and best practice on everything that leaves the studio
- An ability to present visual ideas and defend design decisions in client meetings
- Interested in culture with a passion for photography and visual language
- 5+ years industry experience
- Have completed a degree-level course, with a focus on graphic design
- Have a keen interest in design trends across all channels
- A flair for typography and amazing with layout
- Be advanced and confident using Adobe Creative suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in illustration, animation and infographics is desirable but not required.
We apologise but please note it will not be possible to reply to every applicant.