We are a young, hungry, multi award winning disruptive studio, who are going from strength to strength. Our work embodies our ethos; challenge convention, to change perception. We have a global focus working, nationally and internationally with large corporations like Urban Outfitters all the way down to rad independent brands, often from the lifestyle and food & beverage sectors. We try to work with clients that want to help people or the planet in some way.
Our work is concept driven, bold, fresh, with a sprinkle of wit and we like to have fun doing it. You’ll become part of a nimble team that does a lot with a little and who aim to challenge norms. We have a lovely studio at Wizu Workspace in the City Centre, alongside lots of inspiring businesses and a co-working space with great coffee + food choices with easy access to buses, trams and the train station. If you’re not familiar with Sheffield, check out www.ourfaveplaces.co.uk and www.theoutdoorcity.co.uk
Work life balance is important to us, our whole team works a 4 day week (Monday – Thursday) with a couple of days remote working per week.
We’re looking for a talented and highly creative midweight designer, with at least 3 years + industry experience, with the raw talent to grow within our exciting tight knit L&L family. We’re looking for someone with challenging ideas who really wants to push boundaries and get their work out there.
In your role you’ll work alongside the creative directors and designers who you’ll collaborate with but ultimately you’ll own your own projects, from pitch to production, it’s all yours for the taking. It is a versatile role that will position you as a main creative lead for some of our core clients, as well as working on other exciting projects. You’ll need to show experience across the entire process in print and digital but in particular in evolving and rolling out a brand. Your main role will focus on concept creation, brand development, layout design, artworking, illustration, web and social design as well as some packaging.
Your experience & knowledge:
- To be able to build meaningful work from strong core concepts that can be sewn into the fabric of the brand
- Design solutions should exist for a compelling reason and align perfectly with the brief
- Strong idea generation skills
- Confidently communicate your ideas verbally/visually to us and our clients
- Red hot at Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign
- Adaptive illustration skills
- Layout design
- Good organisational skills and be able to work towards deadlines
- Confident in your ability
- Adaptive, balanced, lateral thinking designer
- Natural initiative; always looking for the best solution
- A strong work ethic
- Naturally curious
- No fear, want to try new things and work outside your comfort zone
- Bring a good energy to the studio
- Team focused
- Nunchuck skills
- Bow hunting skills
- L&L Vibe Time ™- a monthly team jolly where we take half a day out of the studio to; chill / learn / help others / get inspired / eat & driiiiink.
- Self Growth – We have adapted a 4 day working week Mon – Thurs to help with our work life balance and encourage personal growth.
Sounds sweet, how do I apply?
To apply please send an email with the subject ‘Midweight Designer’ to email@example.com (yep Mat with one ‘t’) and include the following:
- A covering letter (under 300 words), describing why you’d be a perfect fit for our team
- A PDF portfolio of your work or a link to your online portfolio
- Your CV