We are looking for a graphic designer/ project manager to work on everything from visual identities to presentations to join our small and friendly team. Crucially this means we are looking for the right person for our company, someone who can be flexible in fast-moving situations. And, if we find that person, we may adapt the job description accordingly. Consequently the skillset of being able to turn their hand to anything is key.
We are an independent creative and strategic brand agency, with clients in the following sectors: lifestyle, hospitality, property, design, travel, architecture and fashion. Just as editors are curators of their brands, we help our clients to curate theirs – we work by building bespoke teams of partners for each client. We combine market intelligence, strategic thinking, and industry knowledge with an ‘editorial’ approach to enhancing the user experience in our development of brand strategies, positioning and identities for the luxury lifestyle sector from property companies to major hotel brands.
Although we have a core, London-based team, our partners and clients are based around the world. One moment we could be working on a privately commissioned coffee table book for a client in Malaysia, the next we could be consulting on the brand and visual identity strategy for a private members’ club in London or Shanghai.
Purpose of the role
You will be working closely with our core team, as well as our external partners, to produce client-facing assets and oversee the development and progress of projects. The assets required will vary from client to client but will include the development of proposals and presentations and could also include the development of brand strategies and visual identities. You will be responsible for ensuring consistent brand communication across assets and designing client assets against set briefs.
You will also be responsible for assisting the Founder/CEO in overseeing and managing the progression of projects, from conception through to implementation.
The ideal candidate will have minimum two years’ experience in a similar role, either an agency or in-house environment. They will have worked with luxury brands in at least one of the following sectors: lifestyle, hospitality, property, design, travel, architecture and fashion.
Our work is as diverse as our client base, so adaptability and an ability to work to deadlines is key. Our work encompasses print and digital media for assets such as websites, newsletters, brochures and books and all manner of collateral. Primarily this involves brand strategy, visual identities, brand positioning and naming but our clients’ requirements may also range from brand development, editorial and production strategies, through to advising on communications strategies with our PR partners. As the designer/project manager, an interest and prior experience of working on brand visual identities and content development from creation through to implementation is essential, as is English as a primary language.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud suite (knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat essential)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- BA Hons (or similar) in a relevant discipline, e.g. graphic design
- Proven design experience in a graphics, project management and/or branding role
- The right candidate will have a can-do attitude, and will be willing and able to turn their hand to any work required
- A keen eye for detail; you will be required to proofread client-facing assets
- Liaising with and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders across a range of departments (including our external design and PR partners, etc.)
- Able to clearly communicate ideas
- A self-starter who has the confidence to use initiative whilst working under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- You will be working directly with our clients, so confidence at managing client-facing relationships, both in-person and digitally, is key
- Working knowledge of operating a CMS (Squarespace)
- Working knowledge of G Suite applications (in particular Docs, Sheets and Drive)
- Working knowledge of email campaign activation (MailChimp)
- Working knowledge of project management software (Trello)
- An awareness of current trends in the luxury lifestyle sector
Type of Employment
The contract will be for minimum nine months’ maternity cover, commencing November 2021; it will be reviewed after three months.
The role will be based in our Farringdon office.
An immediate start is required. To be considered for the role, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be shortlisted and invited for a virtual interview.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.