Do you get slightly geeky talking about design and animation? Can you nail your After Effects timings and leave us wowed? Do you know your Wacom Pen from your Apple Pencil? You could be the next brilliant member of our team.
Interactive Workshops (IW) is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing L&D agency based in Shepherd’s Bush, London, partnering with a global client base that includes Airbus, BBC, Red Bull, Samsung, and Siemens. We specialise in the design and delivery of business-focused workshops. Our workshops are dynamic working and learning experiences, tailored to the needs of the client.
To help the agency cater to the needs of their ever-growing roster of clients, IW needs a Junior Animator & Motion Designer who can work within our design team to produce outstanding digital assets.
// The Role //
IW are looking for a bright, creative and meticulous animator and motion designer who will easily integrate into our IW Studio within our wider team.
In this role the successful candidate will create stunning animations for some of the world’s most famous brands and produce motion graphics to be seen by 10s of 1000s of people. Even better, they’ll benefit from loads of feedback and support to push your creative limits and produce their best-ever work. Naturally, that’ll make our team and our clients really happy.
The role would be ideal for a designer with one or two years’ experience in a studio or as a freelancer, or recent graduate who is willing to learn fast whilst getting a tonne of work done. They’ll report directly to our Studio Manager and will work closely and collaboratively with other creatives across the team.
// The Essentials //
Applicants should ensure that they:
- Confidently produce stunning animations and motion graphics in After Effects
- Are competent in Premiere Pro to handle post-production of films that we produce
- Will take a creative brief, meet it, and surpass expectations
- Can even use PowerPoint to produce slick presentation animations and transitions
That’s the nuts and bolts of the role. But we’re looking for someone with great interpersonal skills to boot. Being easy to work with is a must here. So applicants should also ensure that they:
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills
- Are proactive self-managers
- Are excited about corporate motion graphics and can confidently and professionally communicate what they can do to colleagues and the client
- Can manage their time effectively, paying attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines and providing reliable time estimations
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner, thinking strategically about the tasks they are leading through to completion
- Are relentlessly helpful, willing to give things a go and always thinking about the end user
// The ‘Nice to have’s //
It would be beneficial if they:
- Know their way around Sketch or would be willing to learn it
- Can lay out copy in InDesign to create posters, booklets or presentations to support our graphic designers
- Can assist in the filming, basic editing and post-production of films that we produce
- Are willing to be upskilled in Rise and Storyline to design engaging and interactive eLearnings
// The Benefits //
- Design-led workspace bursting with creativity
- Professional coaching and informal buddy system
- Company laptop and all the gear they need to ace the job
- Course costs covered for learning or developing relevant skills
- Regular socials (a BrewDog bar and Puttshack Westfield are on our doorstep)
- Invite to the company ski-trip this December
// How to Apply //
Please send a copy of your CV, a short bio (approx. 150 words), tell us about five of your favourite projects and send a link to your website, showreel or portfolio.
Send it to Niki: firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful, Interactive Workshops will be in touch to set up an opportunity for you to meet the team.
// Salary //
Salary for this role will be in the region of £18,000 – £20,000 and very much dependant on experience.