Aegon is an international provider of life insurance, pensions, and asset management. With over £607 billion assets under management, we have businesses in over 25 countries around the world and around two million customers in the UK. At Aegon it’s our mission to help the UK achieve a lifetime of financial security. We’ve led the way in innovation that can make people’s financial assets work smarter as well as harder. From online technology that gives one-stop access to a universe of investment opportunity – to retirement products that make wealth planning simple, easy, and fulfilling – we’re dedicated to getting people closer to their financial goals every day.
The Digital function sets the digital vision for AEGON UK and creates the strategy to execute that vision. It drives the user experience (UX) design of the digital estate. It also supports the maintenance of content on the strategic content management system. This team provides the direction and strategic expertise required to deliver a brilliant, efficient and effective digital experience across all channels.
Summary of role:
The ultimate purpose of the role is to contribute to and shape the design and ongoing improvement of Aegon’s digital user interfaces. You’ll be a key part of a team of experts (and external agencies) in designing the user interfaces (UI) and user experience (UX) of our key digital assets. You’ll ensure developments are designed to meet the needs of personas, ensuring they’re tested, refined and optimised. You’ll create visually impactful visual designs, turning your UX designs into clear prototypes for testing and delivery via the development teams.
You’ll have a strong passion for excellent digital experience and you’ll articulate the importance of this in a commercial, customer-centric way, non-technical manner.
UX Vision: Support the development of collateral to bring Aegon’s future digital experience to life. Including prototypes, concepts and presentations that engage and influence buy-in to the wider digital strategy.
Manage Workload: Track and proactively manage your UX backlog, in close conjunction with BAU and IT portfolio teams, taking accountability for your features. Work within virtual cross-functional teams where required and following agile methodologies at all times.
Rapid Prototyping and UX Design Services: Provision of high-quality UI/UX design capabilities. This includes provision of iterative prototyping, digital journey flow design, wireframes and visual design execution. Ensure UI/UX designs are appropriately tested & refined during the design lifecycle
Digital Standards: Assist the UX manager on the evolution and management of the UX/UI standards for Aegon’s digital estate. Ensure all activity aligns with the required standards, including brand.
Digital Style Guide: Provision of (and evolution of) digital design patterns for UI/UX work.
Assist the UX and Digital Design & Delivery managers in the evolution of design patterns and digital styles required to support the UX vision
Risk Management: Active risk management, measured by risk MI and feedback from the Risk & Audit functions and wider Marketing team. Ensure UX designs consider accessibility and content management
Compliance: Ensure UX designs are aligned to compliance with regulatory rules and approval process; be willing to constructively challenge where appropriate.
- Wire-framing to a professional level
- Visual graphical design.
- HTML and CSS build, optimisation and maintenance.
- Responsive & adaptive web design and build.
- User interface testing and optimisation techniques and tools.
- AB/MVT testing tools.
- Ability to evaluate complex problems and use judgement to recommend and deliver innovative & creative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrable at all levels.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Able to initiate and develop new ideas to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Digital measurement tools, reporting and analysis.
- Digital optimisation tools.
- Good understanding of our customer promises.
- Good understanding of the creative process, overall approach to marketing and customer strategy.
- Knowledge of markets, clients and products within financial services.
- Understanding of TCF and how it impacts AEGON marketing strategy and processes.
- Understanding of usability in digital channels.
- Full understanding of digital marketing and optimisation measurement tools and techniques.
- Expert understanding of digital user experience design principles.
- Knowledge of mobile first design and delivery methods, including responsive web design, apps and mobile sites.
- Understanding of digital content management principles and technologies, including workflow.
- Comprehensive understanding of the overall approach to marketing and customer strategy.
- Knowledge of markets, clients and products within financial services.
- Sound understanding of digital technologies and able to keep the organisation informed of new user experience market developments.
- Background In User Experience, Interaction Design & Service Design
- Bridges the gap between business requirements and IT technical requirements
- Able to work effectively across different teams and communicate through a range of technical fields
- Industry-standard prototyping and wire-framing software tools.
- Design and HTML/CSS asset production software.
- Agile design and build.
- A/B and MVT testing.
- Device and browser testing.
- Testing and optimisation tools.
- Proven record of delivery within a business functions.
- Working within a fast paced team with stretching deliverables.
- Passionate about user experience and branding.
- Pensions & savings experience.
- Strong balance of technical, marketing and user experience skills.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject.
- Ideally a general financial services or marketing qualification (e.g. FPC, APMI, CIM, IDM).
The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that we have had to limit access to our offices. The majority of our colleagues are currently working remotely from home. Once it is safe to do so we look forward to welcoming everyone back and collaborating in new and exciting ways. This would include you, should your application be successful. So, it is important that you live within a commutable distance to our office as we plan to have a hybrid model in the future – with colleagues splitting their time between office and home working.
Please submit your application by the closing date of 8 October 2021.
Competitive salary dependent on experience from £39,520 to £49,400.
In return, we can offer you career development and a range of financial services benefits including:
- Non-contributory Pension between 8% and 12% dependent on age
- Flexible benefits including private health care, income protection and life assurance with additional voluntary benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.