Who we are
BearJam Productions is a dynamic and innovative video and animation production company that specialises in creating high-quality video content for a diverse range of brands, including Netflix, Just Eat, The FA, and Activision, and agencies, including M&C Saatchi, Mischief, and Neverland.
With a passion for storytelling and a commitment to delivering exceptional results, we take pride in our ability to bring brand stories to life through the power of video. Our team is composed of creative individuals who thrive on making brilliant, award-winning content.
We are seeking to hire a full-time mid weight designer to join our creative team working across all our video content projects, which include live action and fully animated projects. Reporting into the Creative Director this role is dual focussed, you will either be originating style frames and look & feels for our motion team or creating beautiful crafted and bespoke treatments for live and prospective projects.
Working in partnership with your fellow creatives and producers, you will be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively on your own projects.
You will have a clear passion for design, backed by a strong breadth and depth of experience in the video arena. A desire to be part of the wider creative process including ideation and pre-production input is highly encouraged and expected within our small but rapidly growing team. Knowing the importance of brand guidelines and being skilled at working within them whilst delivering designs that wow us and our clients is also important.
We wish the role to have a high degree of empowerment and trust that calls for quiet confidence, healthy ambition, emotional maturity, an excellent work ethic and unwavering commitment to succeeding in your role.
Objectives of this Role
- Adding fresh creative muscle and personality to our team across both design, motion gfx & animation and live action video content
- Working alongside our motion team to design high quality animation and motion graphics projects
- Creating decks and treatments that enhance the creative ideas and speak directly to the brand/client
- Create eye catching marketing/social content for BearJam and be the brand guardian of all BearJam material
- Supporting the new business team to deliver pitch decks, including the creation of styleframes, landing pages, idea generation and design support where needed
- Championing our company’s growth by inspiring both our team and our clients to produce best-in-class video content
Experience, Skills and Qualifications.
- Strong technical skills and experience in Adobe InDesign, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop as well as AI programmes like Midjourney
- 4+ years of design experience backed by a creatively strong professional and/or personal portfolio
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations to the team + clients
- Knowledge of creating landing pages in hubspot is highly beneficial
- High levels of initiative, desire & ability to work autonomously to deliver on objectives + responsibilities
- High level of attention to detail in all aspects of graphic design, typography and motion graphics
- Ability to scamp out projects and video content visions
- Work in 2D but able to conceptualise + outsource 3D if the budget allows. (Any 3D skills are a bonus of course!)
- Ability to communicate ideas internally and to clients
- Excellent at receiving, managing and executing feedback
- Additional video content skills are beneficial but not necessary. Eg. basic editing, video conversions etc
- This is a full-time position, with flexible working hours. We work from home a minimum of 1 day per week and the other days are in our office in Brixton.
How to Apply:
If you have a passion for design, a keen interest in the video production industry, and excel at understanding client requirements, delivering project scopes, and creative ideas, please submit your portfolio, CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org