Are you ready to take your career to the next level and join an extraordinary team? At Pentland Brands, we’re dedicated to making life better through our innovative sports, active and lifestyle brands. As a vital member of our Communications team, you’ll play a pivotal role in supporting both our internal and external communications. We’re seeking a passionate and talented Content Creator who can contribute to our mission and help us to shine as an innovative and positive business and place to work.
WHY JOIN US?
By creating exceptional written and visual communications, you will be at the forefront of showcasing Pentland Brands as a company dedicated to making a difference. Your role will help to ensure our employees not only believe in our purpose, ambition and strategy but also understand their essential role in achieving our collective vision. Your efforts will not only help boost our profile, but it will also help attract the best partners and the brightest talent. Are you up for the challenge?
YOUR MISSION: ELEVATE, DRIVE & SAFEGUARD
As our Content Creator, you’ll embark on an exciting journey where your primary focus will be to support our internal and external communications initiatives and campaigns. You’ll craft brilliant content for all our communications activities and channels. This includes editing news and stories for our website and social media channels; designing graphics, presentations, brochures and reports; creating promotional films, sizzle-reels and gifs; and developing a suite of amazing communications assets to bring our amazing Pentland Brands story to life.
This is your opportunity to make a significant impact at Pentland Brands. Join us on our journey to inspire and innovate in the world of sports, active and lifestyle brands. Apply now and be part of something extraordinary!
- Editorial content: craft and/or edit copy to create compelling news and inspiring stories that bring our Pentland Brands story to life.
- Graphic design: Use our visual identity guidelines to design brilliant online and offline visual content to support a wide range of communications initiatives, campaigns and programmes.
- Moving image: Create and / or edit promotional films and sizzle-reels that showcase Pentland Brands as a positive business that’s pioneering brands that make life better – for our employees, partners and consumers.
- Asset library: With the Communications Coordinator, manage the library of communications assets, ensuring they are always up to date.
- Brochures & reports: Using content provided by the Communications team, design visually engaging brochures and reports, incorporating images and infographics to highlight the key messages.
- Events: Support live events be capturing content and creating assets in a timely manner for sharing post-event.
- Stakeholder engagement: build a strong network across the global business to manage the review and approval of content created. Key stakeholders include the Executive office, Communications team, HR teams, Creative team, brand teams, support function teams, external partners and agencies.
- Scheduling: With the Communications Coordinator, provide additional support in managing the communications editorial schedule and uploading assets onto communications channels, as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Communication skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must. You should also be able to craft compelling content and messages that resonate with our diverse audiences.
- Writing & editing skills: Exceptional writing and editing skills to craft compelling news articles and inspiring stories. Proficiency in storytelling techniques to captivate readers and convey key messages effectively.
- Technical Skills: Proficient in using design software like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premier Pro. Capable of performing basic illustration edits and photo retouching, and skilled in applying typography and image enhancement techniques. Familiarity with HTML coding is a plus.
- Graphic design: Experience using visual identity guidelines to create online and offline visual content. Strong graphic design skills to produce visually appealing materials. Experience in supporting various communications initiatives, campaigns and programmes with visually engaging designs is an advantage.
- Social media: a strong understanding social media platforms and trends and confident in creating and editing content, aligned to visual brand guidelines, for these platforms.
- Moving image: Proficiency in creating and editing promotional films and sizzle-reels. Skills in video production and editing.
- Brochure & report design: Ability to take copy provided to design visually engaging brochures and reports. Skills in incorporating images and infographics to convey key messages effectively are an advantage.
- Asset library management: Strong organisational skills to set up and manage the communications asset library. Attention to detail to ensure assets are uploaded in the right formats, are up to date and easily accessible.
- Events support: Experience in capturing content during live events and creating assets promptly for sharing post-event.
- Stakeholder engagement: Strong interpersonal skills to build a robust network across the global business and the ability to manage the review and approval of content by key stakeholders.
- Editorial schedule & channel management: Experience in supporting the management of the communications editorial schedule is an advantage. Experience in uploading assets onto communication channels, including websites, social media, and intranets desirable.
- Organisational Skills: Strong organisational skills to ensure timely and efficient content distribution.
- Website & social media: A good understanding of various websites and social media channels and their dynamics.
- Passionate team player: The ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues. Enthusiastic about developing a career in design, communications, marketing or brands.
- Self-starter & detail orientated: Capable of working independently and taking initiative. Meticulous and detail-oriented in all tasks and responsibilities. Proactive in identifying challenges and opportunities and implementing solutions.
- Curious & calm under pressure: Demonstrates curiosity and a strong desire to learn and grow professionally. Can maintain composure and balance competing demands, even in high-pressure situations.
- Experience & educational qualifications: English GCSE (6 or above) and A-levels or equivalent qualifications in a relevant design or creative subject. Previous experience working in a fast-paced communications or marketing environment is a plus.
The successful candidate for the role of Content Creator should possess a combination of these skills and experiences to excel in the dynamic, challenging and rewarding world of communications at Pentland Brands.
We are moving to our new London Hub in Farringdon in 2024. This role will initially be based at our current London Hub in Finchley and transfer to Farringdon early 2024.
ABOUT PENTLAND BRANDS: PIONEERING BRANDS THAT MAKE LIFE BETTER
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, ellesse and Mitre. We’re also the UK footwear and apparel licensee for Kickers.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation. Of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job but we also want to do it in the right way. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals and do the best work of your life.