Belstaff was created by and for independent spirits. We know that what we do, and who we do it with matters. Join the team and make an impact as we build a legacy that surpasses our incredible past.
Love The Challenge. Find A Way. Go All In. Stand Together. Be The Difference.
A bit about Belstaff
Belstaff is a functional clothing brand founded to move people forward. Throughout our history we have championed material innovation, collaborating with those who challenge the ordinary and celebrate the joy of the journey. Belstaff has designed protective suits for race-car drivers, windproof smocks for Marines and insulating clothing for mountaineers. One thing is at the heart of all these endeavours: An Independent Spirit. Today, this energy prevails and unites the people who bring the Belstaff brand to life, providing the best products to our customers – both old and new. We are committed to building a team of curious, conscious individuals dedicated to showing up, standing together, and being the difference between a good day and a great day.
We are currently searching for a Senior Art and Design Director to join the team.
We are searching for a highly creative and talented Senior Art & Design Director to join the Brand Marketing team for a 12 Month Maternity Contract, based in our London offices. You will report into the Global Brand Director and oversee the brand creative, graphic design, studio, visual and experiential marketing functions. A true digital expert with a strong background in digital design and video, you will be tasked with leading the look, feel and sound of the Belstaff brand across all our channels.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for:
- Acting as a dynamic, red-thread owner across all digital and physical brand channels
- Leading, presenting and executing numerous projects, including but not limited to; 360-degree campaigns, seasonal content, email, onsite and in-store promotions, social media, print, direct mail, paid digital media, corporate presentations, physical and digital events, internal communication, and branding initiatives
- Developing our visual brand identity ensuring this is central and consistent in all creative projects
- Providing management, leadership, inspiration, guidance, support, and direction for a small, high-performing team
- Overseeing and executing art direction for on model and still life shoots and video, ensuring our visuals are on-brand, diverse, contemporary, and desirable whilst within agreed budgets
- Directing store visual team across window displays, visual merchandising and store layout
- Working strategically to drive brand awareness and deliver strong sales through market-leading and innovative creative
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with both emerging and established photographers, film makers, illustrators, designers, and animators
- Overseeing studio functions, developing, innovating and acting as guardian over ecommerce photography standards, including lighting and model casting
- Working with in-house and external production teams to manage budgets and allocate resources
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends in fashion, design, film, art, media and technology where relevant
- Collaborating with cross-divisional leaders within buying, marketing, tech, retail, and ecommerce, building trust and authority to move the business forward
- Helping in managing and developing processes to improve efficiency both within the Brand creative department and cross-functional teams
- Reviewing and assessing project work for highest standards of quality, consistency, accuracy, and successful, timely project completion
- Liaising with external brand partners in the preparation and delivery of design briefs for joint marketing initiatives
We are looking for someone who has:
- A team-centric approach and management style
- Extensive experience working for a global brand, active and growing in both established and emerging markets
- Proven depth of experience in commissioning and directing high-level graphic design, photographic and moving image assets in a commercial mens and womens wear environment
- Extensive relevant experience in directing and executing digital graphic design in an ecommerce environment
- Strong video direction experience across concepting, storyboarding, and editing
- Digital expertise, with a strong understanding of front-end design practises aligned to desired customer behaviour and conversion
- Acute design understanding regarding accessibility, UX and both current and emerging software
- Excellent existing relationships with global talent – including photographers, producers, animators, directors, and stylists
- Fluency in both established and emerging social media platforms and trends
- A good understanding of email design, including modular and personalisation approaches
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Breadth of experience in creating visuals for digital, print and experiential executions
We are looking for someone who is:
- Inspired by working for Belstaff
- Highly detail orientated
- Highly proficient in design, typography, and retouching using Adobe Creative Suite
- Positive with a solutions focused mindset
- Highly communicative, personable and approachable
- Constantly learning, evolving and responding to modern consumer habits
Where to from here?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates so if you would like us to make any adjustments to the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to support you.