At Joseph Joseph we love solving everyday problems through intelligent design. We are one of the world’s leading houseware brands with a global presence spanning over 100 countries, available in most major department stores and independent houseware stores worldwide. We identify everyday problems and solve them through intelligent design to create distinctive, functional products that are a pleasure to own and use.
We are looking for a Senior Digital Art Director to join our team. This role is pivotal in leading and driving our creative online content by exploring new concepts and avenues which best reflects our brand. The main focus will be on our online store josephjoseph.com translating our brand design, ethos and identity across all our digital channels.
What you will be doing:
- Play a key role in influencing the strategic vision/direction for JJ’s digital content, using concepts to present work in an engaging and convincing way.
- Demonstrate experience of digital design best practice and ability to lead the creation of digital content for the brand covering all channels including e-mail, web stores and social channels globally.
- With your team, plan, organize and art-direct all product and lifestyle photography to ensure our imagery is on-brand, highly engaging and able to be utilized across a variety of print and digital touch points and global markets.
- Help deliver seasonal launch packs to promote new collections by contributing content to sales presenters and micro-sites.
- Storyboard, organize and art-direct video content to promote key new season products and best-sellers and collaborate with the e-commerce team to ensure assets are optimized to work effectively on the various digital channels including company website and social media.
- Collaborate with the heads of product development, Sales, Marketing and Packaging/Brand to deliver engaging and enhancing digital content.
- You will manage all creative output from the Digital Design team to a strict critical path, ensuring an excellent and ever-improving level of quality and cohesion throughout.
- You will be responsible for giving feedback, reviewing and signing off all work from those in your team or anything artwork / graphic design related, this could range from daily emails, social media assets to digital campaigns for new launches.
- Source and manage external photographers, video producers, locations and studios.
- Support other areas of the department where necessary, including creating assets for packaging, retail display and exhibitions.
What we need from you:
- A highly motivated, hands-on creative with at least 8 years design/art direction experience in an agency or in-house in a similar role
- Demonstrate accomplished art-direction experience in creating lifestyle and product photography and video content
- Have an outstanding and up-to-date portfolio displaying proven digital design and art direction skills across a range of devices
- Highly organised with the ability to work well under pressure whilst meeting deadlines
- The ability to juggle a wide variety of projects, with timelines from the immediate to the long term
- Previous management experience and a proven track record of working to critical paths and deadlines
- Experience of best practice in UI and UX design
- The ability to follow creative direction whilst also thinking outside the box
- An impeccable and fierce attention for detail
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Experience working with consumer products is preferred but not essential
What you will get from us:
- Company performance related bonus
- An exclusive staff discount
- Pension contribution
- 24/7 healthcare appointment support
- Holiday trading (buy/sell)
- Volunteer days
- Holiday carry over scheme
- Extra holiday days for long service
- Monthly team recognition awards
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days’ work from home
- Flexible start & finish times
- External private employee wellbeing support
- Access to Perkbox
- Season-ticket Loan
- Cycle-to-work Scheme