Our design community helps create transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. We believe brands can transform how we think and live – creatively, culturally and commercially. We’re not interested in superficial or incremental change. We make things different to make a difference.
Our Executive Creative Directors are responsible for the success of the business and our people.
Within the Design community, they set the vision and the standard, playing an active role within projects and the community by championing our culture and stretching others to ensure everyone is delivering the best work of their lives.
Throughout the company they are recognised as business leaders, commanding gravitas with both clients and teams, breaking new ground through unconventional thinking and creativity and taking responsibility for the commercial performance of their accounts and the wider business. This role includes significant new business development and organic growth responsibilities.
You are responsible for:
Client relationship growth
- Being a trusted partner and advisor to C-level clients while ensuring client satisfaction and retention
- Understanding our clients business and our full offering, to realise growth opportunities in other areas of the business.
- Becoming the brand confidant with clients, using this relationship to secure future opportunities
- Leading the pitch for prospective clients, directing others through the process ensuring the quality of pitch meets the 3 c’s criteria of our work; creative, commercial, cultural
- Having a constant eye on our business, be proactive in helping us fill the pipeline with new opportunities
- Actively developing industry relationships to cultivate new prospects
- Leveraging learnings from both successful and unsuccessful pitches to improve our processes and win rate
- Growing our reputation in the world – speaking at big events and building an influential creative network
- Being the ultimate accountable creative leader on our largest client relationships and new business pursuits
- Steering multiple large, complex projects with multi-disciplinary teams, as well as overseeing smaller fast-paced projects
- Transforming insight, data and strategic hypothesise into a singular, compelling and creative story
- Building great relationships with other WO seniors inside and beyond the creative resource and acting as a role model within a multidisciplinary team
- Expanding the design offer for our business and developing our brand and ensuring best practice in terms of its use
- Having a strong understanding of what is commercially viable on projects
- Having an understanding of the businesses current position, working closely with Programme Management and Resourcing to ensure profitability on projects
- Ensure commercial understanding of those on the project, encouraging them to take commercial responsibility
- Setting our creative course, with your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the world
- Leading local Creative Directors to ensure the creative excellence of everything that goes out of the door
- Developing, communicating and managing the expected standard of the community
- Leading a culture of learning by sharing knowledge and best practice
- Working across offices to align on best practices
- Champion sharing of feedback of work but attending and encouraging attendance to crit day
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.
- have previous experience as a creative director from a brand background with deep experience in one or more parts of our offer i.e. visual identity, sonic, motion and sensory identity, user interface, verbal identity and messaging, launch and activation
- you should still be comfortable working as a practitioner and able to dive deeper into the craft when needed (this is not a hands-off role)
- be a storyteller who brings design to life for our clients
- have a strong understanding of brand strategy and how design can contribute to this work
- be likely to have a reputation in your own right and must have some expertise and experience in brand
- have a proven track record in winning significant new business through pitches
- be entrepreneurial, with the ability to design projects into the long term with a view to organic growth and relationship extension. You will be passionate about developing new products, offers and markets to help Wolff Olins grow
Be a generous leader – You have the judgment and experience to direct the team in finding resolutions and making things happen. You have a generous and collaborative nature, with a genuine interest in empowering, motivating, nurturing and inspiring others. You will give your team space while stretching and pushing them to grow and succeed
Build long-lasting relationships – you enjoy expanding your network and quickly establish rapport with clients and your team. You should have relentless, infectious positive energy, which others feed on
Be resilient – you have confidence in you and your team’s abilities. You are able to remain calm in the face of the revenue rollercoaster within a project-driven business steering the team positively into any challenge the business may face
Drive success – You make things happen and give others the direction to start moving. You see your role beyond the task at hand and are always seeking the next opportunity. You are ambitious for yourself, your team, the client and the business and place pride in delivering
- Hybrid working setup (min in the studio 3 days a week)
- Flexibility on when you want to work – aiming to work 7.5 hours a day
- Laptop for the duration of your role (Mac or Windows)
- Company phone (Apple or Samsung)
- Annual expense allowance on tech equipment and home office set up
- Breakfast, snacks and fruit served daily in the studio + lunches served every Tuesday and Thursday
- Access to company tech i.e. 3D printer, hi-spec cameras
- & much more…!