- Handling the day-to-day project management of the studio’s interior design and architecture projects to allow the design leads (Creative Directors/Design Directors) the space to focus on the creative aspects of each project
- Collaborate with the design leads (Creative Directors/Design Directors) to be the first point of contact for clients and consultants
- Management of the project design team
- Attending and minuting key project meetings
- Helping define and contribute to the Design Responsibility Matrix on projects
- Developing and upkeeping of project(s)’s scope documents
- Developing and upkeeping of project(s)’s programme
- Reviewing resource, actual and projected project spend
- Upkeeping of billing schedules
- Tracking and issuing of change orders, taking a lead on tracking scope creep
- Excellent Project Management skills including planning, coordinating, and
executing interior design, architecture and/or spatial projects
- Familiar knowledge and experience of the architectural process, eg. RIBA Work
- Meticulous in the development of project plan, managing resources, managing
programme, and ensuring the project is completed on time and within budget
- Confident with numbers to manage project fees and track project budgets
- Ability to present information with clarity for communications with client(s),
the wider design team and external collaborators
- Experience in some or all the following project types: retail, hospitality,
workspace, residential, and cultural
If you have any experience with the below, please mention it in your application. They are not essential but good experiences to have.
- Technical experience working on complex Interior Design projects / architectural refurbishment projects
- Knowledge and experience of the different procurement routes in the construction industry
Benefits & other information
Hybrid working: Following the safe reopening of our studio, employees have the flexibility to work a mix of in the studio and at home, working a minimum of 3 days in the studio and up to 2 days from home. Wednesday being an anchor day, where everyone comes in to the studio.
Application process: We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents – please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the assessment process works for you.
Diversity & Inclusion: With the integrated support of our D&I employee resource group, Universal and Map are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age.