Cuvva is making car insurance radically better 🚙
We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we’ve sold over 3.5 million policies and supported over 500,000 customers. We’re a world-class team of over 100 people, passionate about solving our customers’ problems. Join us 🚀
The Cuvva Culture & Values:
We don’t cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us 👩💻
Being customer centric means everyone in every area of the business – including our CEO, Freddy – spends a few hours a month on customer support. This helps us fully understand our customers’ needs and how the app works. Here’s a blog post on our ‘COps Club’ 👀
We’ll speak up when we have an idea – but we know when to let go and get behind something else 💡
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. It’s the Cuvva way.
We’re building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. So we give everyone a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva.
If you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our awesome Experience team, be a hands-on creator setting the bar for product design at Cuvva and co-lead the product design discipline. You will be our product design champion.
You’ll have a strong perspective and approach for what good product design is, and be able to apply it to how things work at Cuvva. This role needs to be able to help us really drive our design system working group. You’ll be leading the charge to build on the work we’ve done already, embedding better processes for increasing adoption of and contribution to our design system – from ideation to prioritization to collaboration through to the finished product and beyond. And you’ll be an evangelist for the team – able to confidently communicate our principles and benefits.
You’ll work closely with product designers, content designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts and researchers to help oversee product design, creating delightful experiences that deliver for our customers and our business. Working alongside our Head of Experience. You’ll own the holistic end-to-end customer experience of our products.
Working with the research team to test your work regularly, sometimes carrying out your own sessions using data to help make decisions – testing designs to make sure you’re always meeting the needs of our users. You’ll have a keen understanding of the latest design patterns and trends to deliver breakthrough product experiences for our audience of drivers in the UK.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll:
- Own our design system, ensure our screen libraries are up to date, and improve product design team culture and workflows.
- Championing product design across the wider company, putting processes and documentation into place.
- Designing and prototyping great product experiences. Setting the bar for what great product design looks and feels like at Cuvva. This is a very hands-on role and is a great opportunity for a strong individual contributor.
- The primary owner of our end-to-end customer experience. You’ll use your work on the design system to also drive improvements to our product that is not owned by existing squads (eg onboarding, profiles, etc.).
- Advocating for our users at every point in the product design process. You will collaborate with research to understand how our users think and feel, and use those insights to inform product design decisions.
- Working with data and product managers to understand the overall effectiveness of our product design to deliver against key growth targets and metrics.
- Creating clear user experiences, simplifying complex propositions to make them compelling, clear and easy-to-understand and use.
- Maintaining high quality product design across the rest of the team and reviewing the work of others. While this role has no line management duties you will be a mentor through the work itself.
- Contributing to strategic decisions within the Experience Team and sharing expertise with your peers in product design through active collaboration with our product design managers and content and brand design leads.
You’ll do great here if you:
- Have 5-7 years experience creating easy-to-understand UX/UI for apps and web.
- Have owned and innovated design systems in previous companies.
- Enjoy mentoring other product designers.
- Are just as happy working on strategy and bigger picture stuff as you are designing incredible customer experiences.
- Can demonstrate strong product design principles with proven success, and have an understanding of design patterns and standards.
- Can comfortably work in a cross-discipline team, contributing and overseeing product design from conception to launch.
- Are able to simplify complex concepts and products (like insurance or finance).
- Have strong experience in research and testing and assessing customer experiences for usability and desirability.
- Can contribute to the design culture at Cuvva.
- Have a high level of attention to detail, whilst always keeping in mind the wider context of the product experience and marketing message.
It’s a bonus if you
- Are an expert with Figma (our design tool of choice)
- Have extensive experience owning or developing design systems
- Prior startup experience. Cuvva is on a journey to our series B and that means we’re growing and changing as we scale from a small scrappy startup to a bustling scaleup.
As well as a competitive salary and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays 🌞)
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook and any other hardware you need 💻
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Salary sacrifice scheme for electric car lease
- Hundreds of perks and discounts
- Lifeworks – mental health tool & assistance programme
- £100 a month towards your Cuvva car insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements 🏡
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team 💸
- Monthly team socials (we’ve done things like Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes) 🎤
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Regular team lunches (even when we’re remote!)
London area. WeWork offices in Hoxton. From September, our WFH policy will be one full week per month in the office, and the other three weeks of the month can be remote/office based 🏡