We are seeking a creative and adaptable Multimedia Designer to join our marketing team to help create and deliver a highly engaging and consistent visual presence across all of our branded communications.
Reporting to our Multimedia Design Manager, you will work closely together to act as visual brand champions of the Smart Energy GB brand, in partnership with a team of marketing managers responsible for our brand and creative campaign development.
Working with core brand assets and guidelines, you’ll design a range of online and below the line corporate and consumer-facing communication assets for use by both our Marketing and Corporate Affairs teams.
Whether designing our key corporate publications, infographics to support national media press releases, banner stands for stakeholder events, PowerPoint presentations for keynote speeches, or elements for our owned digital channels, you’ll have that brilliant balance of artistic flair and attention to detail. Being able to work within existing guidelines, having great communication skills and taking work from concept to print-ready artwork are vital attributes of the role.
- Working in partnership with the Multimedia Design Manager and our marketing managers to develop the Smart Energy GB brand across all below the line assets, including overseeing correct visual interpretation of our Smart Energy GB brand from partners and suppliers when produced
- Act as brand guardian of our corporate visual brand inside the organisation, interpreting our brand guidelines and adhere to company brand guidelines
- Interpret briefs and delivering creative executions
- Produce print and digital assets/materials
- Design promotional items e.g. branded stationery accessories
- Create/amend PowerPoint presentations for delivery by Smart Energy GB staff
- Create graphs, infographics and illustrations to demonstrate facts, figures and concepts, for a variety of audiences and channels
- Project manage print projects; advising colleagues on estimated costs, managing the print process and overseeing the quality of proofs
- Prepare artwork files to be sent to printers, press titles and online publications
- Create animations, digital and interactive experiences for our digital channels
- Take ownership of a selection of leaflets and reports
- Hands-on photography, video capture of events/interviews and sourcing of imagery for case studies
- Process, optimise, treat and retouch still and video images, both our own and third parties, in order to create promotional/ educational material on smart meters and their benefits
- Proactively spot opportunities for the design team to add value across all departments
- Help maintain a design function that is up to date with industry best practices, design trends and creative thinking
- Deputise for the Multimedia Design Manager when necessary (such as holiday, illness, etc.)
Skills, experience and competencies:
- Highly experienced with Adobe CC on a Mac (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Experienced with Adobe CC video editing software, After effects and Premiere Pro on a Mac
- Great knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work independently, and manage and meet the deadlines of multiple projects at once
- Strong communication skills and ability to build good relationships with both colleagues, printers and agencies
- Innovative and creative, with a thought-out approach to problem-solving and experience developing designs for both consumer and corporate audiences
- Experience with reproduction and artwork set-up
- Strong design skills: Advanced layout skills, strong understanding of space/hierarchy, and typography and its usage.
- Innovative and creative, with a logical approach to problem-solving
- Demonstratable design and/or production experience, either within an agency or in-house
- Be up to date with new techniques and trends, being a keen and self-motivated learner
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
To apply for the role:
Please click ‘apply by URL’ to view the full job description and details of how to apply on our website.
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we track equal opportunity data to make our recruitment and selection practices as inclusive as possible. Please could you complete our short Equality & Diversity monitoring form here when applying for our roles – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEGBRecruitmentEqualityDiversityMonitoring
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use. An audio/visual version is also available upon request.
Smart Energy GB actively encourages applications from currently under-represented groups in the marketing and communications sector. We have identified ethnic minority, disability and gender as the key areas we would like to focus our recruitment efforts in. Therefore, we are keen to hear from female applicants, applicants that belong to ethnic minority backgrounds and from people with disabilities. We’re building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you’re applying for a job with us, we’d like to hear how you can help us do this.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme. If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know. Our offices have full wheelchair access and our onsite facilities are gender-neutral.