freuds is a leading communications agency which unites a diverse group of specialists to create a family of unrivalled and unstoppable thinkers and doers.
freuds only takes on work once we know we can make a real difference. We join the dots between insight, strategy, creativity, measurement – and our sheer love of the work – to build campaigns that create tailored and meaningful impact. We then bring the work to life through our unrivalled connectivity.
Headquartered in London, with offices in New York and experience of global operations, our team of 250 consultants span insight, communications planning and strategy, media activation, social media, stakeholder relations, content production, film making and event production.
Together we seek purpose, meaning and impact in everything that we do.
People curate part of their own identities through the brands they choose. freuds iD aligns organisations with their audiences, building not just beautiful imagery but emotional architecture. We create compelling brand identities for businesses, public sector institutions, NGOs, products and campaigns. freuds provides a comprehensive brand design and creation package throughout.
But aside from that, we’re a pretty great set of people who enjoy design and doing it well.
The Junior Designer has a strong interest in branding and an excellent eye for detail.
Working on a range of ambitious and innovative projects, both internally and externally, the Junior Designer, Social Media helps to drive the creative direction for campaigns and creates content optimized for the social media platforms in which it will be distributed.
The Junior Designer will be exposed to a varied and exciting client portfolio. Being well versed in the nuances of social media, they have a good understanding of the varying formats and what content works best for each.
While this position predominantly focuses on social media briefs, there will be opportunities to work on projects from the journal and report design, to infographics, presentations and publications where required. The Junior Designer will also work on agency channels, working with the design team across a range of disciplines for own channels and purposes.
- Produce effective and best-in-class content for the channels required
- Delivery of high standard of work, ensuring that any work delivered internally or externally is proofed for typos and errors
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure proofing is embedded into the timeline for delivery
- Effectively manage time to ensure deadlines are met. Work closely with the account team to manage expectations and scope projects accurately.
- Keep up to date with the latest formats and innovations within the social media space, keeping teams up to date with changing format dimensions and best practice
- Bring creative expertise into ideation sessions for both internal and external work
- Occasionally liaise effectively with clients and other team members or stakeholders to receive feedback
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
Communication is a big part of the job and so the Junior Designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process – convey ideas, manage expectations, and deliver work that follows best practice. The Junior Designer will be passionate about social-first content and will be up to date with the latest trends and formats and will bring their knowledge and expertise to ideation sessions and client briefs. An understanding of typography, layout, animation, and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages (e.g Adobe creative suite, Lightroom, etc)
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Great attention to detail, with the motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Genuine passion for and understanding of channel best practice
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Can easily work as part of a team or as an individual
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, please get in touch by sending your CV and cover letter to the talent team
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications, we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
freuds are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you