About FX Digital
FX Digital is an award-winning digital agency based in London, specialising in OTT (Over-The-Top) streaming and Connected TV-first application design & development.
It is an exciting time to join our team and help our clients find industry-leading, innovative solutions in the exciting and rapidly growing world of Connected TV.
We currently deliver solutions for incredible brands like Discovery, Eurosport and GCN as we continue to work with global sports and entertainment brands, helping them to reach millions of viewers across the world.
Our dynamic and energetic team of 50 has been building momentum for 6 years in the heart of Shoreditch, and we are currently preparing for a move to a beautiful new office in the vibrant Old Street area.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lead Product Designer to lead our passionate and talented design team in our new Old street office. You’ll mentor and manage our dynamic design team, receiving guidance and support from both our Creative Director and Head of Product.
What are your responsibilities?
- Supervise a small but thriving design team on globally recognised OTT projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies.
- Help scope, resource and manage project deliverables, ensuring work is delivered on time and to the highest quality. Set your team up for success.
- Mentor and inspire the design team, supporting them in their skills development and career.
- Collaboratively run discovery workshops that help define product briefs and set a creative vision for new projects.
- Craft intuitive customer lead experiences, capturing user insights to inform product & UX decisions.
- Create beautiful user interfaces and design systems that set a new standard in the OTT space.
- Continue to improve and upskill both yourself and the design team, helping shape the future of our design offering and approach.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and New Business team to help scope new opportunities and provide creative concepts for pitches.
- Ensure FX Digital is at the cutting edge of the industry, keeping up-to-date with design trends, new tools and processes. You will keep pushing FX Digital forward and not be afraid to shake things up.
What do we expect from you?
- Proven experience working in product design, minimum 5+ years experience (preferable agency), with a track record of managing teams, clients and design projects end-to-end.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to have strategic conversations directly with clients, articulating design solutions backed up by research and robust rationale.
- Demonstrate high-quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, facilitation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, and visual execution.
- Self-motivated, proactive and thrive off autonomy.
- You have impeccable attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset.
- You are a Figma pro and a rapid prototyper, your not afraid to pick up new tools to take on varying design challenges.
- You put your team members first, ensuring the department is set up for success, you’re obsessed with process, mapping out clear workflows for team members to follow.
- Ability to work seamlessly with multifunctional teams across product, research, engineers, QA, operations and customers.
- You have an Interest in Technology, Consumer Behaviour, Connected devices, OTT & streaming.
- Contract type: Permanent
- Working hours: Monday to Friday. 9am – 5pm
- Location: FX Digital’s office is situated within Bentima House, London, EC1V
- Starting Salary: Depending on experience, £45k – £50k per year
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive compensation and mental health benefits ([Sanctus](https://sanctus.io/) mental health coaching)
- 24 Days Holiday (Plus 8 Bank Holidays, giving you a total of 32 total)
- Office closure over Christmas (3 days that do not come out of your holiday allowance)
- Vitality Health Insurance on completion of probation
- Regular social events (virtually at the moment!)
- Friday afternoon personal development time + annual training and conference opportunities
- High degree of autonomy in a role
- New Mac Laptop upon joining
- Quarterly appraisals
- Cycle to work scheme
- Profit share scheme
- We celebrate diversity and inclusion and are proud of our culture
- The chance to be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic and passionate team
- If you’re asked for an interview, great! Initially, we jump on a quick call to provide more information on the role to ensure it’s a good fit for your experience.
- After this call, you may then be invited to an interview. During the interview, we want to get to know you, tell us about your passion for design and goals for the future.
- We are looking for you to provide examples of where you have managed and led design teams.
- We are keen to hear about your experience handling UX projects and collaborating with development teams, as well as your experience managing client communications.
- We will also be asking you to present your portfolio. We would like this to be tailored around a digital product where you can talk in-depth about the discovery and planning phases of the project through execution and how you managed a design team during this process.
- After the interview stage, we will set you a design challenge which would be arranged in a separate session.
- Once you have passed the design challenge, you would then be invited to a culture fit interview to make sure that we are a good cultural fit for each other 🙂
We look forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
- Gather your CV, work experience and portfolio.
- Send these over in an email with the subject ‘FXDigital Lead Product Designer Application – [NAME]’ to email@example.com