We are looking for a dynamic and positive senior Ui/UX designer to join our growing team in our mission to accelerate the world’s switch to electric vehicles.
As a senior designer, you will be working alongside our Head of Design as well as the broader product and engineering team to build the most user-centered suite of software products ever to be created for the EV industry! You will be responsible for the design of the products. We expect you, not only to make things look good but also to link up with our users to define new features from your user research as well as map out improvements to the existing products.
This isn’t only about making things look great, you’ll be expected to constantly bring new ways to make our products easy to use and to tirelessly innovate to create products our users will love. You will have a proven ability to lead user research and UX design; as well as a portfolio that demonstrates your Ui skills.
If you are successful in that role, our plan is to train you up to lead the whole design team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8+ years of experience as a Designer either in an agency or in a start-up environment.
We are here to make mobility the solution for a healthier planet. We’re building the software to operate the most reliable, innovative, and easy-to-use charging infrastructure for electric vehicles so that shifting the world to a greener way of moving will be a simple switch. With our user-centered and design-led approach to creating software we truly believe that we can take our industry by storm and accelerate EV adoption worldwide.
- Championing and leading the product design process in the organisationBalancing customer needs with the requirements of the business: You’ll conduct thorough user research and work closely with stakeholders to gather business requirements. This will be the root of all your design decisions.
- Articulating research findings to the team and translating them into testable artifacts like sketches, user flows or interactive prototypes to test assumptions and ideas.
- Iterate prototypes into production-ready designs for complex systems and services that consider the high-level constraints of the user, technology, business and brand.
- Contributing to the evolution and overseeing the development of our Ui design systems.
- Working with our engineering team to deliver incredible user experiences and create high-quality software based on your designs. You’ll own the process and oversee the implementation of your designs.
- You’ll be expected to work closely with our Head of Design and broader product team but there are no ties to one location or time, you’ll be free to shape the way you work to best enable you to deliver your best designs.
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in UX — including research techniques and ability to translate findings into a Ui brief— and visual design skills as well as your ability to come up with and deliver original ideas.
- Experience working collaboratively with developers and product managers on digital products in an agile and lean way.
- Experience with design tools like pen, paper, keynote, adobe creative suite, sketch, invision or figma and an ability to prioritise choosing the right tool at the right time.
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
- Clear communicator conveying vision and product strategy from a user’s perspective either verbally or through text.
- Demonstrate curiosity that goes beyond the fields of digital or graphic design and feeds into your work.
- A deep interest in digital and technology innovation.
- No need to be an intergalactic eco-warrior, but an authentic belief in Switch’s purpose, core values, and ability to succeed is a must.
- A keen interest in future mobility is a plus.
About you as a person
- A go-getter and can-do attitude
- A team player with an open personality, straightforward
- A humble person who takes feedback with grace
- Happy to document your work so that it can be shared and used to elevate the whole team
- Willing to work in a dynamic start-up environment, with a passion for e-mobility and cleantech
- EMI Options scheme
- Home office at least 2 days a week
- 33 holidays (including bank holidays)
- Amazing office space with gym, bar, and terrace at The MinistryHiring process
Please fill out the details, provide your CV and portfolio, and answer the questions here.
After reviewing the CV, portfolio, and answers, we’ll schedule a 45 min interview with you
If the first interview goes well, you’ll be invited to an interview with more members of the Switch team.
If that second interview goes well, we’ll send you an offer and hope you’ll join us!