Role: Midweight Designer
Industry: Online Retail
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependant upon experience
Freddie’s Flowers recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. Freddie’s Flowers is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce where everyone feels safe and valued. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
A bit about us:
Freddie Garland started delivering weekly flowers to his Mum and Dad’s neighbours in a knackered old electric milk float in 2015. We’ve come a long way since then and now work with over 250 fabulous people making deliveries to over 100,000 of our wonderful customers all over the U.K. This year we were proud to be certified Carbon Neutral by the Carbon Trust. The secret to our success is:
- We love what we do and we know what the plan is.
- We work hard to do it brilliantly.
- We have fun working together.
This is an exciting time for Freddie’s Flowers, so we are looking for an exceptional designer with an impeccable eye for detail to work on both print and digital. You need to be hands-on, commercially savvy, and enthusiastic about bringing new ideas. You’ll be working collaboratively with the rest of the design and photography team to produce fantastic work, with an interest in marketing and with the confidence to take the lead on your own projects.
At Freddie’s we produce a huge variety of content, and you’ll need to be able to replicate the brand style across different projects like our weekly arranging guides, direct mail campaigns, web designs, and other marketing material. We like to keep the creative fresh through regular development, so new ideas are always welcome! We currently work across the UK and Germany, and with huge plans for the future this is a very exciting time to join.
- 4 years minimum experience
- London based
- Enthusiasm to push ideas and be a real team player
- Excellent typography skills and knowledge of design principles
- Organised working technique and file management
- Knowledge of print production and specifications
- Knowledge of digital specifications and web design practices
- Strong illustration skills with the ability to adapt to brand style
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – especially InDesign
- Ability to be proactive and take ownership of projects
- Good time management skills – flexible attitude and ability to manage shifting priorities, whilst maintaining commitment to deadlines in a reactive and fast-paced environment
- Approachable, collaborative, and open to ideas and feedback from others
- Have an active interest in new design trends, learning skills and sharing ideas.
- Your portfolio and CV should demonstrate an impeccable eye for detail
- An abundance of organic snacks!
- Discounted gym membership
- WFH and Flexi-Hours (where applicable)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health and Wellbeing sessions with The Mind Clinic
If you think you fit the part, please apply by sending your CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org