Output is a digital-first design agency. We’re looking for an inspiring design director to join us in creating characterful brands and experiences for brave clients.
As a design director, you’ll lead multidisciplinary teams across all phases of brand development – defining strategy, visual and verbal identity and translating it into digital products and platforms.
You thrive on bringing brands with substance to life, applying conceptual thinking seamlessly across messaging, design and motion to add value with each interaction. Show us work you’ve created for clients from multiple sectors where you’ve pushed your thinking and communication skills to get successful ideas over the line.
You’re able to build productive relationships with clients, colleagues and partners – they regularly say how much they enjoy working with you. You know how to motivate people to do their best work in a friendly studio environment. You look beyond the obvious and help others to do the same.
With freedom to make your mark, you’ll bring a wealth of experience and fresh thinking to our design process. Working closely with our production team, you’ll prioritise your time between three or four projects with ease. Quality and attention to detail are essential, both in design and written word.
We offer you a blend of flexible working, from home and our East London studio. With a competitive benefits package, a thriving creative culture and upcoming projects that will make a positive impact, we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
It’s important to find someone with the right potential. Whether you’re a superstar senior ready for the next step, or an established design director keen to work on more progressive projects, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & experience
- Proven experience delivering original and effective work through a high-quality portfolio
- Worked on branding projects with a significant digital output
- All the tools of the trade (like Adobe CS and Figma) and a hunger to innovate and try new ones
- Natural presenter and communicator, skilled at developing strong client relationships, winning pitches and gaining the trust of senior stakeholders
- Organised, able to self-manage, flex to different clients and delegate to meet deadlines
- Inspire the team and push everyone’s creativity
- Demonstrate breadth of creative and system thinking.