We’re currently hiring a Digital Designer to join our collaborative Design team at Citywire’s head office. Citywire publishes its own news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors – from financial advisers, wealth managers to fund selectors – make the best decisions about where to place their clients’ money. You can find more information about us in our aboutcitywire (.com) site.
We have been increasing the size of our design team and have some new and exciting projects in development that would benefit from the expertise of a UI Designer. We are interested in people who love to share ideas, challenge the status quo and use their initiative. If you are looking to work with knowledgeable people and new technologies in a fast-paced environment, this role might be for you.
We’re looking for a friendly communicator that is willing to share their work progress and feedback with others.
As a Citywire Digital Designer you’ll be working within the Design team and you’ll play a key role in the design and quality of systems that help grow the business.
You will be responsible for the visual design of both public facing websites, internal web applications and emails used within the business. You will also be able to write clean, well architected responsive HTML and CSS, and work with front and backend developers to bring our websites and apps to life. Your main duties will include:
- Working closely with agile development teams
- Working closely with the design team
- Working closely with business stakeholders to fully understand requirements
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Designing high quality mockups
- Writing responsive HTML and CSS
Job specific skills / technical skills / requirements
- Good and demonstrable ability to write responsive HTML5 & CSS
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design based on user experience
- Design software skills e.g. Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator /Figma / Webflow
Desirable but not essential
- CSS preprocessors such as SASS and Less.
- Agile development practises
Who we are.
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural – conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7,
- Wellbeing activities and subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly costs.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
* Please note all our benefits are based on a regular office operations situation. Some of them may not be applicable until the UK resumes normal business operations.
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.