Hali Publications Ltd (HPL) is the world’s leading publisher for carpets and textiles (ranging from museum pieces to contemporary design) with an unequalled reputation and expertise built over thirty-five years of publishing. We produce two quality magazines – HALI and COVER, each published quarterly. Alongside these titles, we design books, catalogues and marketing materials.
We are looking for an eager to learn print and digital designer with a keen eye for detail.
The graphic designer’s primary task is to design layouts for both HALI and COVER following the magazines’ style guidelines. The successful candidate will also be designing promotional materials including brochures, websites, branding for events and any other materials required. The designer should be able to perform well as a member of a team and be able to stay calm and reliable under the pressure of strict production deadlines. You will be working partly from home and partly in the office in Haggerston.
- A keen interest in current design trends and a passion for typography and magazine and book design.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed.
- Experience in applying visual and typographic creativity to set frameworks. You should be able to adapt your designs, working closely with a senior designer and the editorial team. Able to create interesting and dynamic layouts, and work with the advertising team to design customer adverts.
- Good knowledge of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, XD,
- Premiere pro and Acrobat. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in print and digital production or interest to learn.
- Experience in digital graphic design and video editing is an advantage.
- An understanding of exhibition design, as we also produce virtual and live events, is beneficial.
- BA Degree in Graphic Design or similar field with 1-2 years of experience. Graduates will be considered if the portfolio shows potential.
Your portfolio should demonstrate quality, style and attention to detail. Send your CV and examples of work (under 10MB) to the email in the apply button.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing on an ongoing basis but the deadline is 31 May 2021.
Start date 15 June 2021.