Small Axe is looking for an integrated middleweight designer/artworker to join our tight-knit team of creatives and campaigners.
From climate change to the refugee crisis, from a pay rise for frontline workers to eradicating child poverty – we are looking for somebody passionate about using good creative design to drive people to take action on some of the most pressing issues of our time.
You’ll work in a highly collaborative setting, designing and creating for a broad range of clients, partners and causes.
Work will include designing for social media, email, websites, print and more.
- Two month, full time contract
- Starting as soon as possible
- Working both remotely and in person with the team in Southwark, London
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years experience working in a design agency or in a similar freelance capacity
- A strong and well-crafted portfolio that shows a solid understanding of digital and print artworking
- Proven skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD are essential)
- After Effects and motion graphics knowledge
- A keen eye for creating balanced typographic hierarchies
- Experience designing websites
- Ability to work fast, to tight reactive deadlines
- Experience in balancing multiple projects and priorities
- An interest in politics/campaigning
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
A graphic design level BA is favourable but not essential, we actively encourage applications from people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experience and perspectives.
- Please use our Workable page to apply with a CV and Cover letter.
- Send us clear links to examples of your work, demonstrate how you meet the essential skills and experience, and tell us why you’d like to work with Small Axe.
- Deadline: Monday 7th June 9am
WHO ARE WE?
Small Axe is a not-for-profit with one goal: to create movements that are progressive, hopeful and powerful, to inspire people to act on the most pressing issues of our time. We bring together bold creative, communications and organising to run integrated end-to-end campaigns.
We campaign with humility, integrity and passion for the causes we work on; whether hired by clients, collaborating with partners, or launching our own.
We’re proud that our work has played a crucial role in three General Elections.
Right now we’re working on campaigns with Compass, The National Education Union, EveryDoctor, International Rescue Committee, Citizens UK, Pembroke House and more.
We don’t work with corporations, we don’t do CSR and we don’t extract profit from the movement. We’ve been a worker co-operative from the beginning.