Are you a talented graphic designer who is digitally skilled and savvy looking to become part of a fast paced design agency?
The role of designers regularly changes. Most graphic designers feel they are skilled in digital design even if they don’t already call themselves digital designers. We are looking for a skilled integrated designer who can customize creative across different channels with a demonstrable digital eye to join our highly talented and growing team.
The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and digital is as essential as is your experience in executing projects of all sizes from concept to completion with imagination and commitment.
We are an independent integrated design agency on the south coast with clients spanning all sectors but concentrated on B2B, charity, education and theatres, including some household names. Founded over 15 years ago with projects on and off line we have been steadily building our client base and design offering over the last few years and demonstrably right through the pandemic.
Our perfect person
You need to be happy working autonomously on multiple projects, juggling tasks and able to meet deadlines, whilst maintaining high quality design standards and attention to detail. You’ll have a proactive attitude and as a team member pitching in to support others who are under pressure – no job is above or beneath anyone. You must display confidence in developing and presenting creative solutions, from concept through to final design both internally and to clients directly.
The ideal candidate will have a great portfolio, across print and digital projects that show your ability to meet a variety of briefs with original thinking and noteworthy skill.
You’ll need to respond to varied briefs and deliver highly engaging creative work across a variety of channels and mediums from branding to campaigns, websites, e-signatures, emails to videos & other digital assets through to brochures, reports and posters to name a few!
You will take your ideas from mood boards, concept, right through development and execution yourself, working alongside others in the team to ensure a high-quality design service to clients. You will get to know and advise clients, understanding their needs and helping them achieve their vision.
Key requirements of the role
- You demonstrate a diverse portfolio of work that represents your talents
- You have strong all round design skills with proven knowledge & experience in digital design as well as print.
- You’re not just a visual thinker. You can make your ideas and designs come alive with words too both in-house and to clients
- Are used to working on multiple clients at any one time
- Able to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality)
- Take responsibility and embrace an open, collaborative working culture
- Ambition to help grow our clients and our agency
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional design environment, preferably an agency
- Proficiency in Adobe CC suite applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and an understanding of PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and question briefs and strategy, and create design solutions that are anchored on research and a strong conceptual rational Great all round design skills, across different channels and touchpoints
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in digital design from creating user-centred and engaging HTML email designs, social media, banners, adverts to marketing landing pages and either knowledge of UX/UI including developing personas, user journey planning, wireframes & web design and/or experience in motion from storyboards to video editing and animation.
Nice to haves:
- Experience storyboarding animations as well as good hands on Aftereffects, Premiere skills.
- HTML, coding and SEO knowledge is advantageous
- Knowledge of the following software packages and languages would be an advantage.
- Adobe After Effects
- Experience using CMS’s
You will be:
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- A problem solver who thrives on cracking a client’s brief and pushing it further than expected.
- Willing to go the extra mile and put in the work to ensure the success of the business and the clients are happy.
- Prepared to step outside of your comfort zone and give anything a bash.
- Happy to support and lend a helping hand to colleagues when needed
- A true self-starter, your curiosity and keenness means you never have to ask for something to do
- A thoroughly pleasant person to have around with a decent sense of humour and keen to get on
- Honest and straightforward
- Stay culturally aware, with your finger on the pulse of new work and an interest in current trends and influences
Full time role
- Salary £28,500- £32,000 p.a. based on skills & experience
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects (from initial concept/strategy to on site execution)
- A fun and supportive team to help you grow as a creative
- Ongoing training & Development
- Diverse projects
The role will ideally begin as soon as possible. We’re currently working remotely, with the intention of a return to the office when appropriate. Once back, flexibility will be considered.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a supportive and growing team.
If you’re a positive and ambitious Integrated Designer that wants to do amazing work, send your portfolio and CV today to email@example.com with a short cover email telling us why you’d be perfect for the role.
We aim to respond to all applicants within 5 days but cannot give individual feedback on CVs. Only those candidates with a legal right to work in the UK will be accepted.
No recruitment agencies, please.