An exciting opportunity to join an innovating and collaborative design team working across all of the Pan Macmillan Adult titles and the Fiction, Non Fiction list in Children’s Books.
We are looking for a creative, experienced designer to work in our Art & Design department across our list of Adult and Middle-Grade / YA Books.
This role will be a fixed term contract for 12 months.
This is a busy, stimulating and wide-ranging role – in a typical day, you might be designing and creating cover artwork concepts, roughs and highly finished visuals for different projects; commissioning illustrations or photography and negotiating fees within budget; liaising with the editorial and production teams regarding production schedules and proofing; reading manuscripts for relevant titles – including research for appropriate material, and providing highly finished visuals for Sales team presentations.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong interest in publishing and a willingness to learn about genres and market
- Be proactive and forward thinkin
- Be highly proficient in InDesign, Illustrator and Photosho
- Be able to build close working relationships with internal and external peopl
- Have previous experience working in a design studi
- Have excellent communication skill
- Have an excellent awareness of design and media trend
- Be able to work to deadlines
We’d love it if you had:
- A love of reading
- Knowledge of the Google for work suite
Closing Date: 19th May 2021
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application