Hello, we’re looking for a midweight designer and animator.
Someone to work with big-name clients to achieve incredible results through beautiful design and animation.
Who are we?
We’re a behavioural communications agency.
Now truth be told a behavioural communications agency is a thing that we’ve made up. But we’re a group of behavioural scientists, journalists, comms experts, designers, and trainers who combine our skills together with behavioural science to inspire people into action.
Sometimes that’s in communications campaigns, sometimes it’s in big learning and development projects, sometimes it’s content marketing, and sometimes it’s nationwide government campaigns to make people’s lives safer, better, or easier. Mostly it’s in the digital world via things like infographics and animations, but we do sometimes dip a toe into print as well.
For you, this is a chance to do the best work of your career in an agency that hugely values great ideas, and that amazing moment when beautifully executed designs light up our clients’ faces because they know in that instant the work we do is going to nail their objectives.
What’s the role about?
- You’ll get stuck into all kinds of projects: e-learnings, brochures, infographics, presentations, gifs, social media posts and email newsletters – often working on more than one thing in the same week.
- You’ll create icons, craft storyboards, edit photography, work with typography, develop imagery, create animations, and edit webpages.
- You’ll present work in a way that inspires clients, and does justice to your design.
- You’ll work within clients’ budgets and timelines, and while you’ll be inventive about how to fit ideas into them, you’ll also be comfortable putting your hand up when things feel unrealistic.
- You’ll stay on top of design trends and innovative media and build new ideas into your work.
- You’ll work closely with our creative director to flesh out your ideas, and brainstorm thoughts with the rest of the team as well. We’re not hierarchical at Spoon, the best idea wins here and people who have great ideas go far.
We’re creating a new visual identity soon and there’ll be a lot we’ll need your support for here. That aside, you’ll:
- Create images for our social media.
- Update and maintain our brand, including brand guidelines documents
- Maintain the look and feel of the website.
- Produce company-related stationery
What you’ll need:
- Extensive experience in professional design, ideally in a marketing or creative agency
- Video editing and animation skills
- Motion skills
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Keynote. Bonus points for skills in PowerPoint, Mailchimp, and WordPress too.
- Ability to create visuals for different formats, from posters, brochures, presentation to e-learning assets, infographics and more.
- The ability to sometimes artfully pull together elements created by another designer
- Great communication skills
- An excitement to learn, adapt, and grow.
In return you’ll get:
- A competitive salary, between £35k – £40k, which will depend on your experience
- The opportunity to grow your experience by working directly with the Creative Director and also often with clients
- 25 days annual holiday
- Perkbox rewards (like discounts at cafés, restaurants and gym memberships)
- Remote working (meaning for now you can be anywhere within a reasonable time-zone from the UK). We’ll return to our London office at some point in a hybrid part-remote, part-in-office style though, so best if you’re nearby
Sound like you?
- If it does, apply in writing with a CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Midweight Designer’ in the subject line.
- Closing date for applications: 22 May
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
PS. We get a lot of applications so we won’t be able to provide specific feedback if we don’t take you on.