We are Ave Design – a specialist ethical brand and design studio, based in the heart of Islington, London. With an ethical outlook and a creative edge, we provide strategic brand and design consultancy services to a client base that spans a variety of sectors, including charity, sport, music, theatre, food and fashion.
We are very busy, and so are looking for a junior designer to join our small, but growing, team. The role is varied and hands on; you’ll be responsible for working solo on projects as well as within a team, taking projects through from initial briefing to final artwork delivery.
Skills, experience and responsibilities:
- Around 1 – 2 years studio experience
- Excellent all round design skills
- Some experience with project management would be desirable
- Experience across print, web design and branding
- Experience of questioning and developing design briefs
- Strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of best practice for print and digital touchpoints
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working (in an administrative capacity) with WordPress
- Ability to create accurate, print-ready artwork
- Good communication (both spoken and written) and organisational skills
Ability to work on alone and within a team depending on the size of the project
- The ability to effectively manage more than one design brief at a time and meet multiple short deadlines
- Desire to be a key player in a small team
- Have a positive attitude and an ability to have fun
About Ave Design
With an ethical outlook and a creative edge, we provide design and brand consultancy services from our King’s Cross studio. Collaborating only with the organisations we love, we work hard to push, evolve and reshape their brand identities with our holistic, bespoke approach. Our work combines beautifully crafted graphic design with strategic, targeted messaging, in a way that delivers real, measurable results. Our clients span a broad range of industries, but all are doing great things, and we help them expand their reach with tailored, meaningful and relevant brand communications. Our team brings together experienced specialists in a variety of fields to provide services such as branding, logo design, print and digital marketing materials, as well as websites. We can also integrate social media and marketing campaigns, copywriting and photography, too. We love what we do, because we passionately believe that great design can bring positive change.