där lighting is widely recognised as one of the UK’s leading suppliers of a full range of innovative, quality lighting products for both domestic and commercial application, including bespoke and contract services.
We are currently looking for a creative, enthusiastic and self-motivated Junior Graphic Designer to join our Team.
If you are a Graphic Designer with 2-4 years professional experience looking to further develop your skills at your next creative position working with nationally recognised brands, this could be the role for you!
- Working to defined deadlines to assist the design and marketing team in the design and creation of a range of digital and print ready assets that support the trading activities of our websites and catalogues. This may from time to time encompass working on other external brands artwork
- Keeping file system in an organised and logical manner
- Ensure image library is kept up to date with any amended images
- Completing photo re-touching work from photographers
- Digital manipulation, recolouring or adjusting images
- Cropping and creating composites for Website banners and social media as directed
- Ensuring consistency between images from multiple sources
- Using InDesign to lay catalogue pages to defined design and templates
- Checking and pre-flighting documents before print, including bleeds, colours, image resolution
- Assisting with photoshoots, props lighting and ensuring conformance to brand guidelines
- Research and source stock imagery as directed
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years related professional experience
- Confident Mac user with minimum of 2 years working experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, and advanced working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience producing content for digital formats (banners, emails, social content)
- Ability to understand and interpret brand guidelines and design templates
- Proven understanding of typography, layout and grid structures
- Meticulous eye for detail and strong creative visualisation skills
- Ability to follow instruction and work to a defined brief and deadline
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with an attention to detail
- Aptitude to work well under pressure on a number of projects simultaneously
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Employee discount on company products
- 29 days holiday increasing with length of service
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- On-site parking
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please click ‘Apply by Email’ and send your CV together with covering letter and ideally a professional portfolio.
The closing date for job applications is Friday, 21st May. Please note, this vacancy may close before the advertised date or when a sufficient number of applications have been received.
If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for this role, however we thank you for your interest and encourage you to apply for future positions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity at all levels. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing all our team members regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Your application and interest in this vacancy will be treated with the strictest confidence at all times. For more information on how we use the information provided by you, please refer to our Privacy Notice for Candidates which can be found on our website https://www.darlighting.co.uk/privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode
No agencies or third party applications please.