We are looking to engage a creative, organised, and self-motivated Middleweight Graphic Designer to apply the Legatum Institute brand across a wide selection of internal and external communications touchpoints. The post-holder will be responsible for the creation of digital and printed marketing collateral such as reports, briefings, brochures, methodology documentation, infographics, fact sheets, presentations, and event invitations, as well as for overseeing outsourced design projects as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV, covering letter, and five page design portfolio to email@example.com by midday on Friday 30th April. The covering letter should outline, on no more than one page, why candidates believe that they have the required skills and experience to excel in the role and their thoughts on how the Institute could improve the design of its reports in future.
- Taking the lead on drafting design briefs and transforming them into successful concepts.
- Building strong relationships with external suppliers including design agencies and printers.
- Managing multiple internal and external design projects at once and ensuring all are completed on time and within budget.
- Creating templates for new publications and digital initiatives, as well as updating existing material.
- Collating photographic material with appropriate copyright permissions for use across different channels, and editing / resizing as needed.
- Assisting with website updates, event presentations, and video graphics as needed.
- Working with the Communications Team to come up with ideas and implementable plans for new marketing and engagement initiatives.
- Assisting the Director of Communications in other activities, including assisting with events, mailouts, and media activity as needed.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Institute and representing the Institute’s mission and views appropriately at all times.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: Director of Communications, Director of Policy, Director of Centre for UK Prosperity, Legatum Prosperity
- Index Programme Lead, Director of the Economic Openness Programme, Director of Events and Customer Experience,
- Multi-Media Content Producer, Media & Communications Manager
- External: Design agencies and printers
- Strong graphic design portfolio including some examples of work relevant to this role.
- Proficient in the core Adobe Creative Suite applications: InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Proficient in creating artwork for digital and lithographic print.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines under time pressure, prioritising tasks wisely or under direction.
- A conceptual thinker with great visualising skills.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge:
- An understanding of digital marketing, including an active interest in websites and social media.
- 2-3 years prior experience in a similar role (whether in-house, agency, or freelance).
- Experience in handling and manipulating large datasets for design.
- Experience liaising with external agencies and suppliers.
- Experience managing content-driven websites on platforms such as WordPress.
- Experience in creating, editing, and delivering video content, including the use of video editing software such as Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
- Excellent general IT skills with experience of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- A strong interest in news and current affairs, public policy, and social and economic developments, both in the UK and around the world.
- Has a positive approach, optimism, and hope for the future.
- Has vision and desire to create value for the long term – willing to be flexible and take risks.
- Warm-hearted towards others, willing to help, and generous of time and knowledge.
- Self-motivated and able to drive activity forward.
- Good judgement about when to use initiative and when to consult.
- Holds oneself and others accountable, committed to doing the right thing.
- Eager to learn and easy to coach, seeking out and considering the opinions of others.
- A hard worker who sets ambitious goals and perseveres to achieve them.
- Consistently performs at a high level, pays attention to detail.
This job description reflects the main responsibilities of the role; the post-holder will need to undertake other duties within the scope of the post as may be reasonably requested by their manager. From time to time, there may be some changes in the emphasis to the duties or tasks without altering their general character or the level of responsibility. Should significant changes to the job description become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted, and the changes reflected in a revised job description.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV, covering letter, and five page design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Friday 30th April.
The covering letter should outline, on no more than one page, why candidates believe that they have the required skills and experience to excel in the role and their thoughts on how the Institute could improve the design of its reports in future.
Note: Interviews for this role are likely to take place w/c 10th May (first round) and w/c 17th May (second round). There will also be pre-interview assignments for candidates to complete.
The Legatum Institute is a London-based think-tank with a mission to build a global movement of people committed to creating the pathways from poverty to prosperity and the transformation of society. One of the ways we do this is through our work developing the practical solutions and data tools that will help build inclusive and peaceful societies with open economies and empowered people. We use a range of digital and physical materials to engage political leaders, policymakers, investors, business leaders, philanthropists, journalists, and researchers in the UK and around the world.