Job Title: Associate Service Designer (UX/UI) (full-time, permanent )
Date Live: 24/03/2021
Candidate Notes: Must supply link to portfolio in application
About the role:
Are you a talented UX designer with an understanding of how design can be used to create great customer experiences? Do you understand design as a high-value service, committing to delivering nothing but the best?
We are expanding our pool of talented Designers within the Global Service Design Team at junior level. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future design of the English Language Teaching (ELT) group.
We are looking for people who enjoy solving problems with design and deliver original and well thought out solutions. You will be involved in a wide range of projects across multiple channels working with teams in Cambridge and across the globe.
We encourage curiosity, exploration and self-development and truly believe inspired people create their best work. This is a great time to join our growing team of creatives and make a mark on projects from start to finish.
- Design engaging, original, functional and consistent solutions that align to the design strategy and enhance our products
- Create a series of UI assets and UX artefacts ranging from rough sketches to pixel-perfect clickable prototypes. Test. Iterate.
- Contribute to information architecture refinement, be involved in interaction design, measure and optimise solutions to improve usability, take over prototyping and testing and create the best user experience for our customers
- Liaise with stakeholders and comfortably act as the voice of the user, while balancing between user needs and business requirements
- Design experiences and assets for various channels including websites, apps, social media, email and more
- Support the team by refining and evolving processes and products for a variety of outputs and contribute to the team’s development by bringing new ideas and solutions to the table
- Can you demonstrate knowledge of design thinking with a great understanding and appreciation of digital design?
- To be successful in this role we are looking for you to hold the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience designing for in-house or agency including creating cross-platform, responsive user interfaces
- End-to-end-UX design experience with strong UI skills
- Highly creative with the ability to own projects from the initial concept stage to delivery
- Good working knowledge of key design tools, such as Sketch, Axure, inVision or similar
- Some analytical skills and ability to process data
- You deeply appreciate and practice UX research
- Genuinely empathic, happy to ask for help and give help to others
- Excellent at organising your time and presenting your work
- Highly collaborative team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Amazing portfolio of work demonstrating your process
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your covering letter.
Why Cambridge University Press?
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publishers, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions. We work in global teams to tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers
Cambridge University Press is committed to being a diverse and inclusive place to work. We are part of the University of Cambridge, committed in its pursuit of academic excellence to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality. We are also a global organisation, serving customers and representing colleagues all over the world. Diversity, in all its various forms, is key to our success as an organisation.
Our benefits include group personal pension and free life assurance, an inclusive and flexible working environment comprising of 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site fitness facilities, and much more. Furthermore, our Cambridge office is just a ten minute walk from the train station.
The University of Cambridge will be bringing together its publishing and assessment operations to create a single organisation from 1 August 2021. Cambridge University Press and Cambridge Assessment publish and create world-leading content and examinations that are used across more than 170 countries.
The move is in response to a growing desire from learners, teachers and researchers to engage with Cambridge in a joined up digital way, and the demand for innovative products that combine expertise in learning and assessment. The new organisation will have the capabilities to provide world leading assessment, learning and academic research offerings globally, under the Cambridge brand and backed by first class teaching and research departments.