As the largest independent people communications agency in the UK, Blackbridge Communications helps household name brands to attract and engage talent. Located in Spitalfields, London, we do that by creating and delivering creative campaigns and strategies across all channels, from digital and social through to outdoor and experiential.
One of the reasons why we’re so dedicated to delivering exceptional work for our clients – Aviva, Amazon and Rolls-Royce are just three – is the fact that we’re an employee-owned business. It means we all have a real stake in our success. Join our 30-strong team of Creatives, Strategists, Client Partners and Delivery specialists, and you’ll have that stake too.
About the role
We’re looking for a hybrid designer/frontend developer to join our small multidisciplinary team, producing great-looking, highly engaging and interactive websites for a wide range of clients. The role demands a high level of technical and design skill, where you’ll work on every stage of a project from initial briefing through to production.
You’ll be able create well-executed design mock-ups, and build effective, attractive, and accessible responsive interfaces for the web.
You’ll participate in:
- Idea generation and scoping
- Working together with project managers to fully understand the clients’ needs
- Finding intelligent solutions to client problems
- Designing well-executed user interfaces
- Building interactive and accessible web front-ends
- WordPress theme development
Skills and experience:
- Experience in a digital design or front-end position
- Solid design execution skills (Figma, Sketch)
- Working knowledge of best practice UX/UI
- Excellent grasp of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of git
- Great research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to visualise original designs in response to a client brief
- Excellent organisational skills
We’re looking for someone with a broad selection of skills, and we’ll consider your application if you’re more designer than dev, or more dev than design, but you must be able to demonstrate both. We’re looking for someone with a genuine passion for digital communication, interfaces, and technology, to continue to push the work we do for our clients.
To apply, please email your experience/work history and a link to your portfolio to our HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org