At Countingup we’re on a mission to make it easier to run a small business. We believe that freelancers, contractors and small business owners should have an easier way to manage their business finances. A solution that frees them from the drudgery of financial admin, saves them time and helps them stay organised with the business insights and tools they need to succeed.
We’re a venture-backed fin-tech and an early stage startup with ambitious plans for growth. Countingup is the leading UK business current account that’s helped over 34,000 self-employed people save time and money with automatic accounting, tax estimates and instant invoicing.
All of us at Countingup are committed to ‘The Countingup Way’:
– Do our best work
– Enjoy it
– Get it done
Following several rounds of successful funding and with a roadmap chock-full of new challenges and ideas, we are looking for a visual designer with ambition, breadth and talent. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an evolving brand as part of a scrappy and dynamic team, and to help us shape our brand identity by producing high-quality creative across all channels that truly resonates with our self-employed and accountant customers.
You’ll be the guardian of the Countingup brand. You’ll ensure your teammates across the business are equipped to produce effective and consistent communications to amplify our value proposition. You’ll work closely with the marketing team executing creative across all channels and helping to tell our story, and you’ll be an integral part of helping marketing deliver on their objectives. You’ll be part of a growing in-house design team and will be fully supported by other designers and the Head of Design for feedback and collaboration, while having the independence and autonomy to drive projects forward from initiation to delivery.
- Ensure the delivery of a consistent brand experience across all channels (print, email, web, motion and video).
- Collaborate on marketing strategy and deliver creative assets to support marketing campaigns encouraging and challenging how we optimise our creative cut
through. Examples will include email campaigns, automated email journeys, video, go to market assets, digital ads, campaign lock ups, landing pages, designs for A/B testing, Direct Mail and graphics for exhibition stands and presentations.
- Manage stakeholders and project timelines as they request design work.
- Invest in design standards, documentation, and processes with your team to further our design practices.
- Maintain, improve and update our design system and brand guidelines.
You have a broad range of skills with strengths in visual and graphic design. You’ve worked in fast-paced environments managing multiple concurrent projects and you enjoy the variety of working across different media from print to digital and motion. You are comfortable working as a self-starter, and want to thrive in a fast growing tech startup. You have a can do attitude and are able to execute on your own and work closely with others. You understand how people see and process information and are able to use that understanding to create designs that are beautiful, easy to comprehend and engaging. You pay attention to the small details that others overlook and have the commitment to adjust every pixel or point so the end result is perfect.
Skills and experience
- 3 years + experience in visual / graphic design with a broad portfolio that proves as much (it’s a plus if you’ve worked with financial brands).
- Experience of delivering multiple assets for creative campaigns.
- Advanced knowledge of designing for print vs digital.
- Expert knowledge of typographic principles, and designing to accessibility and legibility standards.
- Experience of working with, creating, managing or maintaining design systems and style guides.
- Advanced skills with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, including motion and video design with After effects or equivalent. (It’s a bonus if you have other skills in product design tools like Sketch, and Figma, prototyping tools like Principle, Flinto, Invision, etc. or HTML and CSS skills).
What we offer
- We’ll guarantee that you’ll be constantly challenged whilst being fully supported by a great team who you can learn from.
- Exposure to every area of the business. You’ll be encouraged to get involved and make an impact on how we work.
- A transparent and open company culture where employees are consulted on company decisions and direction.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options after 6 months probation.
- 8% pension scheme.
- 32 days holiday (inc. public holidays).
- Flexible remote working policy (currently fully remote).
- Brand new equipment when you start.
If we’ve got your attention then get in touch!