At Applied Works, we create outstanding digital products by working collaboratively with developers and designers, thinking creatively and experimenting with new technologies.
We are looking for a talented and skilled mid-weight designer with strong UX skills to join our design team and help grow the business by continuing to deliver great work
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience in a digital role preferably in a digital agency or studio
- Excellent understanding of UX and UI practices and user centred design, including user stories, user flows and wireframing.
- Solid technical and design execution skills
- Experience of working in close collaboration with development teams
- An interest or knowledge of front end development and web technologies not essential, but would be preferred
- Self-motivated, positive under pressure, with keen attention to detail and a strong personal drive to deliver quality work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Support interface creation, design and delivery as part of the design team and alongside the development team
- Collaborate with the design team to find smart solutions to complex problems
- Be responsible for assigned projects and tasks, maintaining high standards of creativity and consistency.
- Apply a rigorous eye for detail with an appreciation for type, layout and pixel perfect delivery.
- Take feedback internally and externally and interpret it constructively
- Make your ideas a reality and help shape our R&D and client projects
- Flexible working hours and week, with option of 4 or 5 day contract
- Under normal circumstances, we go for drinks, attend pub quizzes and throw events together on a regular basis
- Access to facilities and events in our shared studio space, including wood, textile, engineering and digital workshops, masterclasses, talks and courses.
- Remote / on site flexible split
- Latest software / hardware
- Fun and open-minded studio
- Budget for personal development
If you are interested please get in touch – we are always keen to hear from great people from any background and with all levels of experience