About the company
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established digital agency, operating since 1996. KD Web is a medium sized company, with a respected reputation within the digital industry for Web design, Web development, Branding, SEO and Internet Marketing.
About the role
As a Digital Designer, you will be creatively working on all variety of projects from small SME’s to the larger corporations. You will join a talented team of nearly 20 staff, in a busy environment, working closely with the web development team to finish projects to a very high standard.
You will be involved in brainstorms and idea generation sessions, including spearheading new digital innovations, creative technologies and touch points. You will work closely with development and SEO teams in helping bring to life strategies, roadmaps, user journeys and personas.
You will present design ideas to clients, selling your ideas and vision with the aim of meeting both their website and business objectives.
Apart from having a friendly personality and a good, professional attitude, you will own and drive client relationships by consulting on look & feel, tone, brand and customer experience.
Role Responsibilities will include but are not limited t0:
- You will participate in brainstorms and idea generation sessions including spearheading new digital innovations, creative technologies and touch points
- Keep an eye on project budgets, time constraints and quality of design work
- You will work closely with development and SEO teams in helping bring to life strategies, roadmaps, user journeys and personas
- Work together with Project Managers to fully understand the client’s needs and suggestions whilst offering well thought out and executed design solutions for each project
- You will work across a variety of digital accounts and projects to create high quality website concepts
- Produce effective, attractive, responsive designs and user centred interfaces that will be used during the development phase
- 4+ years of digital design experience / at least 3 years in an agency in a web design/front end design position
- Have a vast amount of website design experience, showcased in your portfolio
- Have a strong understanding of User Experience (UX), responsive design, and latest web design and development trends
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to articulate and visualise original ideas in that respond to a client brief and have excellent presentation and client facing skills, who can lead pitches
- Have excellent organisational skills, being able to deliver organised files and assets
- Working knowledge of user-centred design principles and practices
- Open plan office with engaging culture.
- Flexible working to provide a great work-life balance.
- Pension contributions.
- Based in North London – N3 – it has great transport links, amongst having some gems of eateries meaning you’ll find something delicious for lunch close by.
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative people.
- Company events, such as bowling, escape rooms, summer BBQ’s, pub quiz’s and other team building activities.
- Fresh fruit provided bi-weekly (how else will you get your 5 a day in).
- Team breakfasts every quarter (start your day off the right way).
- Employee development plans.
- Half day off for your Birthday.
- With additional time off over the Christmas and New year period to help recharge your batteries for the upcoming year – which doesn’t come out of your annual leave.
The things we really value in our team are:
- We partner – We pride ourselves in listening, communicating frequently and engaging with our clients
- We are experts – We aim to solve problems, keep learning, and improve every day and share knowledge
- We play for the team – Be open, honest and constructive, respect each other and be a positive force
- We adapt – Enjoy challenges and serve our clients
- We make a difference – Set high standards and continue to raise them, be pro- active.