emc design is looking for an experienced and technically minded graphic designer to join our studio on a short-term contract. We’re a design agency that transforms content into beautiful and engaging materials that educate and inspire learners around the globe. World-renowned publishers return to us because we have a team of exceptional people who deliver stunning design, technically accurate files, on-budget and to deadline.
⭐️We are specifically looking for an InDesign power user – someone who knows all the tips and tricks to be able to work methodically, consistently and quickly on long formatted documents. You don’t necessarily need to have worked in publishing before but experience of working technically on long documents is a must.⭐️
Key duties of the role include:
- Setting up jobs – developing clean, well-structured templates ready to start production;
- Formatting text into accurate styles using GREP to facilitate this;
- Carrying out corrections to proofs according to editorial mark-up using standard proof correction marks;
- Layout of pages integrating photos and illustration with the text to create visually striking and balanced pages;
- Producing complex ‘realia’ (examples of written English) independently;
- Producing original solutions to educational books, covers and digital material which can be used as templates for production;
- Using Adobe Creative Suite to its full potential. We have team membership of Creative Cloud so you will have full access to all of the Adobe CC software.
You will want to work with us if you:
- Know how to use InDesign to the max (we’re talking text variables, advanced GREP and scripting)
- Love typography and editorial design and applying this to some of the most visually complex work in educational publishing
- Are meticulous when it comes to attention for detail
- Want to work for a company that looks after its staff (contributory pension, paid overtime, bonus scheme, employee assistance programme, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers, flexi Friday’s and lots more). 😀
We are really niche so the contract would initially be for a short term basis (6 months but to be discussed) with a view to a permanent role if you like what we do. Because we recognise that this type of work isn’t for everyone. We are currently working remotely but once we are allowed we will be back in our beautiful studio in Oakley, Bedfordshire. Relocation package available if necessary.