We’re Butterfly, a leading brand and innovation company based in London and New York. We believe in the power of feelings. That behind every choice we make, there’s an emotion driving it. A goosebump, a jaw-drop, a chuckle – influencing decisions and stirring people into action. So we get behind the whats, and wade into the whys, to uncover what powers people – feelings. We believe in thinking with feeling.
We’re looking for a multi-disciplinary designer. Someone who can provide design solutions across print, motion and digital.
The role is multifaceted – split between client-facing project work and internal brand guardianship. You will be flexible, leading and supporting our strategists on a wide range of projects (we work with everything from make-up to baby milk). You will also help manage the day-to-day of the studio as well as developing and evolving all internal initiatives with a watchful eye as our brand guardian. Across all your work you’ll sweat the small stuff but always have the bigger picture in mind.
More than that, you have creativity to burn, a positive problem-solving attitude, and an impressive work ethic. We’re looking for someone to push boundaries – to challenge us and the client brief to new creative directions, fresher perspectives and better creative solutions.
Your role would include:
• Taking accountability for project work across internal and external projects –
• Being comfortable presenting and defending your work internally and to clients
• Brand guardianship – Guarding our unique brand and developing our visual language across print and motion
• Working just as well in a team and by yourself (currently remotely)
• You should have excellent communication skills and get real enjoyment building strong relationships across the business
• You have the ability to plan your time and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 3-4 years’ experience in similar roles
• A confident understanding of preparing artwork for print is vital
• The ability to take packaging from concept through to shelf-ready artwork
• We’re after20/20 vision when it comes to brand; it’s consistency and guardianship
• An in-depth understanding of layout and structure across multiple formats
• Extensive knowledge and a professional level technical ability in Adobe Creative Cloud. Namely InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
• A keen eye for film and motion with proven knowledge of Premier and After Effects
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – PPT & Word
• HTML knowledge and experience is a big bonus