A key role within a future-focused design company, designing for influential and high-profile brands.
We need you to
Work through the lens of “design for life” to help create distinctive brands with meaning and longevity, from powerful identities to experiential worlds.
This is a key role requiring the highest level of
Conceptual thinking / Passion / Enthusiasm / Talent / Communication
You will show us that you have
- At least one year’s experience working within a creative agency at (midweight) designer level.
- A diverse and beautiful portfolio that tells the story from idea generation to recognisable results.
- Strong branding skills.
You will definitely need to be
- An original thinker, able to communicate your ideas clearly both internally and externally.
- Someone with an engaging and authentic personality, motivated to succeed with an appetite to create award-winning creative work with a commercial awareness.
- Able to take direction from all angles without losing sight of the original brief and goals.
- A natural collaborator and a willingness to support less experienced members of the team.
And the technical skills you will need to have are
A good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
A developing working knowledge of production processes
Ideally, you will have experience of/exposure to:
Brand packaging and identity briefs and some exposure to motion and digital
The role in more detail
As a Designer, you will be measured on:
- Bring enthusiasm and energy to everything you do in the studio and encourage those more junior to do the same.
- Take and implement direction well from the Senior Designer/Design Director and begin to mentor more junior members of the team and develop a point of view about your own work and that of others.
- Generate and create multiple ideas (and build on others ideas in design crits). Ensure your ideas have meaning and clearly link to the creative brief and help to deliver creative excellence on projects.
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of the strategic direction on projects working closer with the strategy team and how you use this to inform your work.
- Present your work in internal reviews using the relevant media, eg: written ideas, sketches, mood boards and increasingly look for involvement in client meetings where possible.
- Start to own smaller jobs with input from the senior or design director (from start to finish where possible).
- Have a good understanding of the creative brief and ensure it connects strongly to your work.
- Develop an increased knowledge and understanding of the Realisation process.
- Work closely with the Senior Designer/Design Director to translate their creative direction into amazing work, ensuring Pearlfisher maintains the highest design standards, with the aim of delivering award-winning, effective work on every project.
- Provide proactive support to the design team, helping to build and develop our clients brands.
- Collaborate with client management and (increasingly) strategy to translate creative briefs into award winning work.
- Work in a connected, agile and imaginative way with the broader Pearlfisher team.
iii. Thinking broader
- Adhere to Pearlfisher Compliance principles when creating all support material, internal and external presentations and final files.
- Help to mentor and develop placements and juniors.
- Demonstrate a self-awareness and ability to communicate up and down.
NB Pearlfisher reserves the right to amend your duties slightly or provide you with additional duties within your skills and competencies.
You will report to a Design Director.