This is a remote position and is open to candidates in the UK.
The Graphic Designer/Illustrator collaborates with the Design Director, other designers, editorial staff members and account managers to ensure the timely and quality production of information graphics, iconography, and custom illustrations. Ideal candidates will be able to maintain high design standards, provide excellent customer service, complete graphic research, work on daily deadlines, and has solid typography skills.
- Create original information graphics using Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to translate researched information into visually stimulating and intellectually engaging typography, illustration and infographics
- Page and brochure layout using inDesign and Illustrator
- UX mockups and wireframes using Adobe Illustrator
- Researching and organizing content for graphics
- Ordering and searching for stock images
- Transitioning easily between multiple topics and aesthetics
- Incorporating feedback and updates to completed graphics
- Ensuring timely delivery of graphics per assigned delivery date
- Strong written and oral communication skills
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Experience dealing directly with clients
- Well-organized and able to work consistently on recurring projects
- Proficiency using the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or related field
- Advanced courses in Typography
- Strong layout and color application
- Page and brochure layout designs demonstrated in portfolio
This is a 100% remote working role, so location is not important. Your immediate supervisor would be based out of our Boston Office in the US, however you’ll be able to operate day to day in your local timezone, but on occasion be able to adjust your schedule to cover meetings or calls with staff and clients in Australia, New Zealand, or the US.
As such you must be setup to operate effectively from your own work-space and be comfortable with pure remote / home-based working. Brafton’s core business is heavily remote focused – and was so well before the COVID-19 pandemic, as such the business is extremely agile and well adapted to such working practices.
Remote graphic designers are responsible for providing and maintaining at their own cost and expense their own office facilities apart from the Company’s offices from which to perform the above services, including computer infrastructure, internet connection and any industry-related hardware.